1973 Porsche 911 2,7 RS Touring LHD with race history For Sale
- 14 x participant in the Tour de France from 1973-1986
- Bluechip for the Tour Auto
- Delivered new through Sonauto at 15.02.1973
- Raced by Piere LeLong, starts 28 times the TdF
- Huge files of historic photos, documents and original starting plates
- Fully restored incl. fresh engine rebuilt by Rugen
- matching numbers, matching color
- Certificate from Porsche Germany and France
The Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 RS, presented at the Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris in October 1972, was named after earlier versions of the Carrera Panamericana and was planned as a small series of originally 500 vehicles to obtain homologation for racing. It occupies a special position among the Porsche 911 and is considered an absolute collector's item.
This vehicle was delivered in 1972 via the Paris Porsche dealer Sonauto to the racing driver Piere Lelong, who used it directly for the Tour de France. From now on, this car continuously participated until 1986 in this major race. Today it presents itself in perfect condition in the configuration used in its first Tour de France.
Please ask for details!
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts