1957 Porsche 356A T1 Speedster = Rare 1 of 590 Correct $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
We do have several Speedsters coming up for sale....coming soon and on request please...
1956 Speedster Black - going through a complete restoration....coming soon and on request please...
1957 Speedster Graphite Metallic - going through a complete restoration...coming soon and on request please...
1958 Speedster Meissen Blue/Red $495,000..USD.... coming soon and on request please...
1957 Porsche 356A T1 Speedster = US-specs..
Engine Size 1600 cc
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
Completed April 15, 1957
One of only 590 356A T1 Speedsters produced in 1957
- Was Purchased Summer of 2004 after a high-quality restoration was performed by the previous restoration shop which included a complete dis-assembly of the car, body preparation to bare metal, show quality paint to Certificate of Authenticity finished in Ruby Red.
- The undercarriage, trunk, engine bay are all completely detailed to factory specifications.
- During re-assembly, all new rubber components, windshield, restored instruments, reupholstered seats, and soft top.
- All bright-work was re-plated, polished and reinstalled.
- The engine, transmission, steering, suspension, and brakes have all been rebuilt professionally and fully detailed.
We sold this wonderful Speedster to a local client, who showed at the Dana Point Concours the following month.
- Since selling this Speedster we have always been in close contact with the 356 and EC has performed minor enhancements and preservation work to keep the car in top condition.
- All matching decks and doors along with the matching engine and transmission.
- 1600 Normal (60 horsepower), 644 manual 4-speed transmission and four-wheel drum brakes.
- Amazing condition finished in Red with a Black interior.
- A Excellent 356 to drive! Offered with tools, jack, owner's manual, spare tire, side curtains, boot cover and Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche. Truly a great Speedster!
It's hard to believe, but Porsche design and the Germans, in general, were able to reboot and go from thinking about Tiger tanks to sports cars in the span of just three years. In 1948, the first Porsche 356 emerged from a converted sawmill in Gmund, Austria (the Allied occupation forces were the new residents of Porsche's Stuttgart, Germany offices).
By 1950, a much-improved version of the Porsche 356 built in Zuffenhausen, Germany was being sold in America. Early U.S. importer Max Hoffman was responsible for the most-iconic 356 body style, the Speedster, which was a rather stripped down and basic $2,995 version of the car with racing-style bucket seats, removable side curtains instead of roll-up windows and a low windshield that the weekend racers who favored the model could easily remove.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts