1958 Porsche 356A Speedster = Red(~)Black 12k miles $269.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1958 Porsche 356A Speedster
Engine Size 1600 Super
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
Completed on November 15, 1957
- The 1958 Speedster type T2 is the most desirable, sought after and drivable of all the Speedster from 1954 to 1958 with the ZF steering box, high bow top frame, and better shifter position moved closer to the driver.
- The paint is finished in Signal Red and is stunning!
- The interior is upholstered in full black leather with red piping to match the exterior, German black canvas soft-top and boot cover, and oatmeal German square weave carpets.
- Very straight body with excellent gaps & panel fit.
- The undercarriage is very nicely detailed including the suspension, engine, and transmission.
- A 3M clear bra to protect from road rash has been installed.
- Mechanically it is in excellent condition.
- The engine is a period correct 1600cc SUPER that performs very well with plenty of power.
- Manual 4-speed 644 transmission shifts through the gears with ease.
- The brakes have been recently completely rebuilt with all new wheel cylinders, brake lines, and master cylinder. Complete with tools, owners manual, side curtains, and boot cover.
- Fully sorted and ready to enjoy.
- A Rare opportunity to find a T2 Speedster in this condition at a reasonable price.
75 horsepower, 1,582cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine with dual Zenith carburetors, four-speed manual 644 transmission, independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars, parallel trailing arms, and tubular shock absorbers, independent rear swing axles with torsion bars and tubular shock absorbers, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 82.7 in.
One of the most desirable collector models is the 356 "Speedsters", introduced in late 1954 after Max Hoffman advised the company that a lower-cost, somewhat spartan open-top version could sell well in the American market. With its low, raked windscreen (which could be removed for weekend racing), bucket seats and minimal folding top, the Speedster was an instant hit, especially in Southern California.
Porsche has the Speedster to thank for their success in the United States. Without this little convertible, it could be argued that Porsche sales might not have ever taken off in the fiercely competitive U.S. market. The car's low-slung and focused looks appealed to sports car enthusiasts and its price of just under $3,000 definitely helped to get Speedsters off the showroom floors and out onto the open road. Boasting few creature comforts but excellent driving characteristics, it helped cement Porsche's reputation in the United States and earned it a hugely desirable portion of the sports car market at a time when the motto of most British marques was “export or die.”
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Same owner for more than 30 years
Original colour combination Heron Grey with red interior
Arm rests in leather
2 Fog Lights
Ventilated Chrome Wheels
This 1965 Porsche 356C Cabriolet is an absolutely beautiful example and a superb driver. Red with black interior. It has a 356SC motor installed. A very clean, straight and solid car that's in excellent condition for only $129,500
This Porsche 356 B 1600 S Cabriolet was professionally restored by recognised specialists during the last few years. Just driven 15 mls since completion. Stunning car. Without doubt one of the best available.
The original 911 some might say. The 356 was introduced effectively in 1948 with what was called the pre A.
In late 1959 significant styling and technical refinements gave rise to the 356 B (a T5 body type). The mid-1962 356 B model was changed to the T6 body type (twin engine lid grilles, an external .....
1953 PORSCHE 356 PRE-A CABRIOLET
In accordance with the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, this charming 1953 Porsche 356 Pre-A Cabriolet was completed on June 23rd, 1953. The car was originally ordered in Fashion Grey, paint code C531B with a red leather interior and comfort seats, and optioned .....
This Rare Right Hand Drive UK Supplied 1963 Porsche 356 B T6 Super Cabriolet is Presented in Bali Blue with Black Leather and a Black Hood.
Sold New by AFN Porsche in 1963. Sold by Roger Bray Restoration in 1991, Last Sold by Dick Lovett Specialist Cars in 2011, Complete with Detailed History File .....
PORSCHE 356 et 2 model 60 hp 1 reg 1959 2 owner full original ! Full restoration end 2017 for body chassis and engine total new ! Car aleays in Europe ! Car is in Italy with all documents also ready for export ! I speak english shipping worldwide !
DIRECT PHONE LINE MOBILE 0033649298453
This ​​1964​ ​Porsche 356SC Cabriolet ​is an excellent original matching numbers car. Red with black interior. A good original SC with factory hard-top. It runs and drives well but could use minor cosmetics. It also comes accompanied by its Certificate of Authenticity. .....
1965 Porsche 356C Cabriolet: Matching Numbers Driver
This 1965 Porsche 356C Cabriolet is an excellent original matching numbers car and a very good driver. Green with tan interior, this C Cab is a very attractive example that's mechanically very strong. A very collectible car that would be a pleasure .....