1971 Porsche 911E Targa = clean Ivory driver 80k miles $99.5 For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1971 Porsche 911E Targa = US-specs.
Engine Size 2.2L Flat 6 Cylinder
Transmission Type 5 Speed Manual
Body Style Convertible
1971 Porsche 911E Targa
-Highly Original Including Some Factory Paintwork
-Original Owner Kept the Car for an Amazing 43 Years
-Matching Numbers Engine and Transmission
-Excellent Records, Warranty Book and Original Window Sticker
- This is a highly original and well-documented 1971 Porsche 911E Targa that was sold new in Portland Oregon to a Doctor from Seattle, Washington. The doctor used it as his daily driver from 1971 until 1979 when a growing family required him to have a larger car.
- At that point, with around 77,000 original miles, the 911 was covered in the garage and not really touched until 2013. At the urging of his son, it was transported via flatbed to the Porsche specialists at John Walker's Workshop where it was refurbished mechanically.
- The work performed totaled over $10,000 and included all major service items that would be necessary after sitting for thirty four years.
- The fuel system, braking system, MFI and suspension were all gone through. The pneumatic front suspension that is unique to this era of 911E was swapped out for traditional 911 parts as everyone has done by now.
- In 2014 after 2,000 miles of road use by the original family, this car was sold to an avid Porsche collector in Fairbanks, Alaska. While in his care, maintenance was done as needed, but the work was so thoroughly done by John Walker's Workshop, not much was necessary.
- The body is in excellent shape and has had some paintwork since leaving the factory to repair stone chips and a scrape incurred while in storage (damn kids). The paint match is satisfactory, but newer paint next to paint from 1970 is always going to look different.
- The Targa top is in good shape and fits well and the headliner was replaced a few years ago.
- The factory Fuchs wheels are original to the car and have never been restored. The interior is very good with original dash and door pockets in excellent shape. The vinyl seat covers have a nice patina and the cushions have just been rebuilt.
- Up front, the trunk is solid with no rust or battery acid problems.
- The engine is original to the car and has never been rebuilt.
- It fires right up and doesn't smoke or smell of oil although drops can be found underneath from time to time.
- The transmission shifts smoothly and the clutch and brakes feels good.
- Included in the sale of very well cared for 911E is the original window sticker, warranty book, registrations from new until the early 1980s, owner's manual and some service records.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
*** FULL WIDE ARCH VAD CONVERSION SHOW CAR ***, BLACK, Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Electric Sunroof, CD Player, Air Condition, Full VAD Suede Interior With Yellow.....
Porsche 911 S 2.2, fully restored to the highest level, engine completely rebuilt to new, the body is totally stripped, many photos of work performed, Recaro sport seats, matching numbers, original.....
This 1977 Porsche 911S Coupe is a very clean driver and a rust free California car. Burgundy with tan interior and fuchs wheels. It has a very good body and wears a high quality repaint in it's original.....