1983 Porsche 944 Lux Manual is finished in classic Guards Red with Tweed Interior, and original Porsche ATS “Cookie Cutter” Two-Tone Alloy wheels.
MOT till March 2020
Well known Scottish 944, has been featured in Porsche Post alongside other magazines, and currently belongs to a Regional Organiser of Porsche Club GB.
110,000 miles with 2 owners.
This is an exceptionally original car and testament to its first owner, who ordered the car new and kept it right up until his death in 2015. The first owner worked abroad several months of the year and so the car was garaged while he was away and every night when he was home, which is demonstrated by the fantastic condition of the exterior and interior.
The original owner lived in Edinburgh with the car, with myself as the second owner, this has been a Scottish Car since new and comes with a thick folder of paperwork and receipts, including original Bill of Sale, first ever insurance premium, notes from first ever service at 1500 miles etc.
The dashboard suffers almost no cracking, and all the interior plastics and fabric is in great condition. The exterior Guards Red paintwork has a deep luster and has not suffered any of the fading that can be typical of red cars that have spent time in the sun.
While I purchased the car in excellent condition, I have upgraded and renewed many parts to bring the car back up to top driving condition. The highlights of the work are as follows;
• New sills, fully sealed inside and minor marking on arches fully restored, followed by colour matched painting and Porsche Correct textured anti stone chip coat and paint protection film.
• Recent cambelt change in March 2018, along with new upgraded water-pump, new pulleys all round, new balance shaft belt, new auxiliary belt, new fuel pump, new brake lines and period correct fittings, new DME temperature sensors and clutch lines.
• New front struts, dampers, springs, anti roll bar bushes, track rods and rod ends, followed by laser wheel alignment
• New Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust fitted in 2017,
• Serviced and maintained exactly as per manufacturers original specifications using quality components and fluids.
This list is not exhaustive and receipts for all parts/work is included in the history file.
The car was ordered new with options which include;
• Sunroof Delete – Very Rare - no issues with leaky sunroofs with this 944!
• Wider 215 profile VR rated tyres
• Front and Rear anti-roll bars
• Electric Windows, Mirrors, Rear Wiper, Heated Rear Screen
• Front Fog Lights
This is an opportunity to purchase a fantastic example of an early Porsche 944 as per its original design without the later spoilers and rear valances.
Unlike tatty high mileage examples, with only 2 owners and low mileage for its age (averaged just over 3000 miles per year) this is a reliable and usable Classic Porsche which can only continue to appreciate in value.
Viewing is very welcome, but test drives will be subject to proof of insurance.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts