1978 Land Rover LHD Lightweight Series III Air Portable $32k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1978 Land Rover = Factory Lightweight Series III "Air Portable"...genuine safari station wagon roof, rear bench seats, overdrive from Fairy
Now Asking $32,000...USD.. Priced Reduced from $49,500.00. We will consider any interesting trades or offers...
- Depending on where you're at in the world, this 1978 Land rover can be delivered by Parachute Drop to your property or Enclosed Transport to residence, lol lol just kidding but that is how they made it to the Battle field... by using detachable body components the result was a truck that could be air-lifted from anywhere and dropped in the middle of the action.
- Nothing tests the durability of a vehicle better than war, something Rolls-Royce found out when several of their Silver Ghosts were transformed into armored tanks in World War I.
- This is a Landrover Factory Lightweight Series III "Air Portable" these are the nimble and rugged Military variant of the early Land Rovers. They have become hugely popular among enthusiasts of the brand and 4x4 Adventurist.
- Sitting on a much shorter wheelbase of 88 inches and fitted with aluminum body panels this makes this fun loving Rover A TRUE BILLY GOAT!!!
- They go anywhere and can get out of everywhere, they were the Ideal choice for the Armed Forces of many European Nations. This particular vehicle was imported from Italy and was used sparingly. Most of the Rovers designated for Military use are not nearly as nice as this or themed as such with the Safari roof.
- The body is original, rust free and very solid!!
- The original spots welds are still intact giving more validation to the babied life this little Rover had.
- Upon purchase, it underwent a throughout restoration and was upgraded with a fully enclosed and ventilated Safari roof. Refurbishment of this Land Rover also covered new springs, intake hoses, and battery clamp.
- This subtle Top change was designed by its previous owner for a more modern look and for a more modern purpose of use. Just like any of the BIG Brother Defender series with Safari Roofs you can imagine a Tent top, Rack, Lights, Storage etc etc etc After-all its a Land Rover! you make t how you like it.
2.25 litre inline four-cylinder engine rated at 72 HP, four-speed manual gearbox, front and rear leaf-spring suspension, four-wheel drum brakes; wheelbase: 88” Runs and Drives Excellent, Needs Nothing!!!
- Offered here is an excellent example of a Factory Lightweight Rover with left-hand-drive with a genuine safari station wagon roof, rear bench seats, overdrive from Fairy, and power steering that makes driving a snap. This Land Rover shows just 42,504 miles and has been properly stored since its refit. All major components including the body, frame, and bulkhead are all in exceptional condition.
- This Land Rover is finished in Bronze Green paint with a matching Limestone White roof. The interior is factory correct and just as it should be. It also carries two fuel tanks with a fully operating change over tap. Under the hood, power comes from a 2.25-litre gas powered four-cylinder and this Land Rover still retains its original manual cranking handle and tool box. This Lightweight also runs on its factory 12-volt electrics with which it was built. . This Land Rover runs and drives exceptionally well with the reliability and durability for which Land Rover was known.
The Brute strength of Land Rover is nicely displayed in this former war wagon that has now been converted to serve in the rugged outback terrain. Whether used for hunting in the deep woods or driving down the boulevard in Beverly Hills, this Land Rover 88 Series Lightweight is a vehicle that is sure to grab attention wherever it goes.
- I will let the photos speak for themselves...more pics coming soon and on request please...Inspections welcome....
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....pmaz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts