1999 Porsche 911 996 Manual *** Totally Refreshed *** For Sale
Why buy from Friends Green Porsche?
- Specialists in Porsche and general prestige motorcars
- Finance agreements available
- Part exchange offers on your old vehicle
- 3 month warranty with every car
- Flexible viewing times with weekend and evening availability at our Hertfordshire based premises
Porsche 911 996 Carrera 2 manual, registered 15/06/1999, 120k miles, MOT 23/10/2019, full service history, 5 owners, HPI clear.
Walk-around video of this car available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKa4yktAvyo
Here we have available for sale our personally owned 996, which has had it's mechanics totally refreshed, as detailed in the below sections. Aesthetically the Porsche is in wonderful condition, perfectly straight along both sides and free from any scrapes or panel repairs. The car is found in the classic combination of Arctic Silver coachwork (paint colour code L92U) and black leather interior. The paintwork is also in superb order, maintaining it's metallic shine and without any blemishes. We have had both bumpers removed and refurbished to remedy any small stone chips or marks that were present, as well as completing a full body soft head machine polish and hand wax to emphasise and protect the lovely condition of the paint. As part of the mechanical refresh we have fitted the genuine Porsche M030 sports suspension option, which in addition to the improved handling (detailed below) also sits the Porsche 10mm lower, subtly improving the stance of the car. The alloys fitted are the genuine Porsche BBS "turbo twist" wheels, which are in good presentable condition and have nearly new MichelinPilot Sport tyres fitted.
The black leather interior is in outstanding order and could pass for that of a car far younger than it's years. The Porsche is equipped with the highly sought after sports hard backed seats with shoulder supporting, which have very minimal signs of wear, even to the drivers side bolster. The carpets in the car are ever so clean, the headlining is as new, the dash and door-cards are in lovely condition and everything electrical inside works as Porsche intended for it to. This is a fairly modestly spec'd example, which is something we actually prefer on these cars as it keeps them light and basic. However, the Porsche is equipped with desirable spec which is incredibly rare to find all together on an early 996. This spec comprises of the "Tequipment" aluminium embodied gearstick and handbrake, "Tequipment" chrome exhaust tail pipe tips, litronic xenon headlights, sports hard-back seats and limited slip differential. There are three keys present, two of which are working remote key fobs. The optional extra codes on this car are as follows: C16. X97, X98, 220, 222, 224, 650, 09991.
As noted, this is our personally owned 996 and we have totally refreshed the mechanics of the car, which is fully detailed in the "service history" section of this description. As such, this 911 is absolutely joyous to drive and will provide years of spirited motoring with very little expense. The rear mounted flat 6 engine performs exactly as it should, starting on the button, idling perfectly smoothly, revving crisply and providing fantastic power beneath the right foot. There are no leaks beneath the car, no smoke emitted from the tail pipes and no untoward noises from the engine; simply the intoxicating sound produced through the full sports stainless steel exhaust system fitted. The suspension has been totally renewed with the genuine Porsche M030 sports suspension kit and the result of this is a Porsche that handles like it did when it rolled out of the factory in Stuttgart in 1999. The Porsche M030 option provides a slightly firmer and more responsive handling package than the standard Porsche set up, but is not uncomfortable or of annoyance when driving sensibly. In addition, we have renewed and upgraded the engine mounts which stabilises the weight of the motor, thus improving the handling immensely. As per the title, this example was specified from new with the very rare limited slip differential option (optional extra codes 220, 222, 224), which also provides a better handling Porsche. The brakes provide brilliant stopping power and feel having had the fluid renewed, braided brake lines installed and the discs and pads renewed with Brembo parts. The six speed manual gearbox changes smoothly and accurately, with it's mount bushes just renewed, and the clutch is beautifully light having also just been renewed.
There is a full and comprehensive service history present, which not only details the huge amount of work that we have completed to the car in our ownership, but also a folder brimmed with paperwork for works completed to the car since it was new. All the original Porsche ownerships wallets and booklets are also present, including the maintenance booklet which has 13 stamped intervals.
The service intervals are as follows: 23/06/2000 - 10,573 miles, 12/06/2001 - 20,157 miles, 01/03/2002 - 27,886 miles, 25/02/2003 - 38,051 miles, 16/01/2004 - 44,014 miles, 19/01/2005 - 51,532 miles, 07/04/2006 - 61,227 miles, 09/07/2007 - 65,276 miles, 08/08/2008 - 71,356 miles, 26/04/2012 - 98,818 miles, 04/12/2015 - 113,559 miles, 22/04/2017 - 118,293 miles, 01/11/2018 - 120,810 miles.
The following is a list of the comprehensive renewal of the mechanics completed to the car on 01/11/2018 while with us at Friends Green Porsche:
- IMS bearing upgraded with EPS cylindrical bearing,
- Rear main seal renewal,
- Clutch renewal,
- Full Porsche M030 sport suspension option upgrade (shock absorbers, coil springs, front and rear anti roll bars, anti roll bar bushes, rear bumper stops),
- Four wheel alignment,
- 2x rear lower control arm renewal,
- 4x Brembo brake disc and pads renewal,
- Brake fluid renewal,
- Brake hoses upgraded to braided hoses,
- Engine mounts renewed with RSS semi-solid mounts,
- Gearbox mount bushes renewed with upgraded "PowerFlex" bushes,
- Mass air flow sensor renewal,
- Engine lid strut renewal,
- Installation of 2x "Dansk" stainless steel sports back boxes, 2x "DesignTek" stainless steel sports headers, 2x "200 Cell" sports catalytic converter,
- 2x Exhaust tail pipe clamp renewal,
- Engine oil, gearbox oil, air filter and wiper blades renewal,
- Battery renewal.
In addition to the above, as previously noted, there is a folder filled with paperwork for previous works carried out on the car, most notably including a gearbox rebuild in 2013 by "Design 911".
For any further details please contact on 07583601919.
And... Please visit our Facebook page: @friendsgreenporsche & our website: friendsgreenporsche.com
Standard terms and information
- 3 month warranty comes as standard and all cars are prepared prior to sale. Please visit our website for full details.
- Any questions are invited and encouraged, however, we try to be as comprehensive as possible in our adverts, so if significant things such as an IMS bearing upgrade is not noted, then there will be no paperwork evidencing such an upgrade.
- Viewings are by appointment only and we are flexible as to times, so weekends and evenings can be arranged. We are located in Weston, Hertfordshire, approximately 4 miles from junction 8 (Hitchin, Stevenage North) & 9 (Letchworth) of the A1M.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts