1993 Alfa Romeo ES-30 Sprint Zagato & Roadster = very Rare $115k For Sale
Located in the USA....dry desert...
1993 Alfa Romeo RZ
Alfa Romeo ES-30 Sprint Zagato & Roadster Zagato Background Information:
The Alfa Romeo SZ (Sprint Zagato) or ES-30 (Experimental Sportscar 3.0 litre) is a high-performance limited-production sports car/road-concept car built between 1989 and 1991 with partnership via Centro Stile Zagato, Centro Stile Alfa Romeo and Centro Stile Fiat. It was unveiled as ES-30 in 1989 Geneva Motor Show as a prototype by Zagato, although the car was mainly built by them and not designed mechanically by them.
Robert Opron of the Fiat design studio was responsible for the initial sketches while Antonio Castellana was largely responsible for the final styling details and interior. Only the “Z” logo of Zagato was kept. The car possessed unusual headlights positioned in a trio on each side - a styling used more subtly on later Alfa Romeos in the 2000s.
Mechanically and engine-wise, the car was based on the Alfa Romeo 75, production being carried out by Zagato at Terrazzano di Rho near the Alfa factory in Arese. The thermoplastic injection moulded composite body panels were produced by Italian company Carplast and French company Stratime Cappelo Systems.
The suspension was taken from the Alfa 75 group A IMSA race car and modified by Giorgio Pianta, engineer and team manager of the Lancia and Fiat rally works team. A hydraulic damper system was made by Koni. The SZ was originally equipped with Pirelli P Zero tyres (front 205/55 ZR 16, rear 225/50 ZR 16) and is able to sustain over 1.1 G in cornering, some drivers have measured a cornering force of 1.4 G, which remains an excellent performance figure.
- The two-seater hard roof version also saw a convertible version, the RZ (for Roadster Zagato), produced from 1992 until December 1994. Although almost identical to look at the two cars had completely different body panels save for the front wings and boot. The RZ had a revised bumper and door sills to give better ground clearance and the bonnet no longer featured the aggressive ridges.
- Three colours were available as standard black yellow and red, with black and yellow being the more popular choices. Yellow and red cars got a black leather interior and black cars burgundy. Although the interior layout was almost unchanged from the SZ, the RZ had a painted central console that swept up between the seats to conceal the convertible roof storage area.
- 350 units were planned but production was halted after 252 units when the Zagato factory producing the cars for Alfa Romeo went into receivership, a further 32 cars were then completed under the control of the receivers before production finished at 284 units.
- Of those final three were painted silver with burgundy interior and another pearlescent white.
• Engine: 3.0 V6 12V (2959 cc), 210 PS (154 kW) at 6200 rpm,245 N?m (181 lb?ft) at 4500 rpm. Engine code: AR 61501
• SZ : Only one official colour scheme was available: Red with grey roof, Tan leather interior
• One in black for Andrea Zagato
• RZ : Only three official colour schemes were available: Red with Black leather, Yellow with Black leather, and Black with Red leather interior
• Three in silver, one in pearlescent white
• 1036 SZs were produced (planned: 1000)
• 278 RZs were produced (planned 350)
Alfa Romeo ES-30 Roadster Zagato,
Make Alfa Romeo
Model Zagato Roadster
Italian Homologation No DGM 52914 OM
Zagato Production No 27011688
Zagato Body No 168
Engine No 61501+001228+
Transaxle No E50846
Production No 130 of 284
Exterior Color Rosso Alfa 130
Interior Color Black Full Leather
Mileage 14,594 Kilometers
1993 Alfa Romeo Zagato Roadster, VIN: Individual History:
Completed in 1993 and exported to Japan but not sold new until August 10th, 2001 when it was road registered privately for the first time on Aichi, Japan plates “301 4616.”
On March 18th, 2005 it was sold privately to the second owner also in Aichi and registered on new plates “301 759.”
On November 6th, 2009, the registration was renewed on plates “303 4183.”
On April 8th, 2010, this Alfa was sold and registered on Ouayma plates “300 4314.”
On June 10th, 2014, it was sold again and reregistered on Kangawa plates “335 130.”
On February 6th, 2015, this Alfa was sold and re-registered on Tokyo plates “331 5517.”
On September 29th, 2015 it was purchased corporately and reregistered on Tokyo plates “300 4417
Registration remained Tokyo “30 4417 in dealer inventory from 2015 until sale of vehicle in May of 2018.
Mileage at time of initial registration was less than 100 kilometers and vehicle was registered as a new vehicle, no previous owners or registration.
No mileage discrepancies at each time of re-registation.
Mileage officially recorded and confirmed by Japanese road-registration authorities on September 21st, 2012 at 12,700 kilometers.
Mileage officially recorded and confirmed by Japanese road-registration authorities on September 2nd, 2014 at 13,500 kilometers.
Mileage officially recorded and confirmed by Japanese road-registration authorities on at time of sale in May of 2018 at 14,500 kilometers.
June 2018, Japanese road-registatino canceled, vehicle formally exported and imported to the Unites States
July 2018, all services, safety checks completed. New tires installed.
Engine Compression Test Results:
Cylinder No Pounds per Square Inch
Please let me know how else I can assist with inspections, test-drives and world-wide delivery.
Kind regards always,
All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Coupé dalle perfette condizioni estetiche e meccaniche.
Il colore rosso con interno in tessuto bleu ne esalta la bellezza della semplicità Alfa.
This first generation 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint is a well-preserved original example, in perfect condition, including bodywork and interiors. The color of the car is in desirable red with a gray.....