1937 Indiana Jones Mercedes-Benz 320 Staff Movie Car $275k For Sale
Located in the USA...desert west...
1937 “Indiana Jones” Mercedes-Benz 320 Staff Car (Ex Paramount Studios)
- For sale a 1937 “Indiana Jones” Mercedes-Benz 300 Staff Car (Ex Paramount Studios)
(Motion Picture Property and Stunt Vehicle Replica)
Documented Production by Classics Cars of Coventry (U.K.)
- Imagine the look on your Insurance Broker’s face—or your friends’—when the picture you post of your “new car” turns out to be a production still—or DVD—from the historic action adventure film “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” the 1981 Steven Spielberg action-adventure classic seen by millions worldwide (with a lifetime WW gross of $389,925,971 USD).
- This is the same sleek black staff car—carrying Belloq, Toht and Nazi Colonel Dietrich—which is repeatedly forced from the road as Indiana Jones struggles desperately to overtake and control A Cairo-bound Mercedes Benz Cargo Truck carrying the Ark of the Covenant.
Mercedes Benz 320 Four-Seat Open Tourer Copy
(1 of 2 Commissioned by Paramount and/or Lost Ark Productions Ltd. U.K, which retained 2 of 2)
-Lengthened Jaguar Mark 9 Chassis
-Left Hand Drive
-Rack and Pinion Steering
-All Steel Mercedes Type Body
-Originally Designed for Maximum Road Speed of 125 mph
- Classic Cars of Coventry was commissioned to create several period vehicles for the landmark classic—including the MB Cargo truck carrying the Ark. (Extensive ownership and service records come with the vehicle.)
- Fashioned from a Jaguar MK9 with a modified Jaguar MK5 body, this documented “hero” car was reportedly one of two created by the automotive property maker and is the subject of extensive online coverage and attention.
- Miniatures of this, the similarly commissioned Cargo Truck, and others have generated model collectibles which are highly coveted and sold/traded to this day.
- In 1982, ROTLA was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture, of which it won four (Best Sound, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, and Best Art Direction-Set Decoration).] In 2012, the film received a restored, high-definition home video release as part of “Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures.”
- The car was used for stunts in the sequence described above—and survives in remarkably good condition.
- In addition to its center stage appearance in Lucky’s Fall Classic Auction, the car will be available for pre-auction viewings and a special “LeMay Weekend” public exhibition as part of the 37th Annual Car Show.
For additional information please contact us at: please email us for more details....
- Specs and history
- details above
Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr. is the title character and protagonist of the Indiana Jones franchise. George Lucas created the character in homage to the action heroes of 1930s film serials. The character first appeared in the 1981 film Raiders of the Lost Ark, to be followed by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1984, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1989, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles from 1992 to 1996, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 2008. The character is also featured in novels, comics, video games, and other media. Jones is also featured in several Disney theme parks, including the Indiana Jones Adventure, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, and Epic Stunt Spectacular! attractions.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Immaculate condition, special order DESIGNO limited edition car from Mercedes, Irish car from new bought in Michael Moore Mercedes Benz, 2 owners from new. Only Designo s class for sale in Europe,.....
offering my Mercedes SL 320 for sale.This Car in in superb condition inside and out,3.2 litre straight six engine,5 speed automatic,superbly clean Alloys with brand new Michelin Tyres,recent new Disc.....
Mercedes-Benz SLK 320 coupe convertible. First Registered in UK Feb 2001, 4 previous owners, 83,000 miles and with all original service and hand books. Finished in Met Brilliant Silver with two tone.....
2001 320 CLK avantgarde, 105,000 miles with full service history, 8,400 before next service due, mot june 2019, all old mot's from 2004, pile of bills, with 3 keys, azurite blue, orion grey leather,.....