1972 Triumph TR6 Roadster = 59k miles clean driver $21.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...desert west...
1972 Triumph TR6 Roadster = US-specs...
Fuel Type: Gas
Ext color: Red
Int color: Tan
- This 1972 Triumph TR6 is finished in Damson Red over a tan leather interior and is powered by a 2.5-liter inline-six backed by a 4-speed manual gearbox.
- The car is believed to have remained with its original owner for nearly four decades.
- A repaint in the original color was commissioned two years ago.
- The interior includes new foam inserts and seat covers, a new dash pad and Birdseye maple wood.
- The most recent service included upgrading the ignition, servicing the brakes all around and new emergency brake cable, replacing the spark plugs, and a new hydraulic clutch kit.
- This TR6 is now being offered with a stack of service records, the original owner’s manual.
-The car was repainted in its original Damson Red two years ago and is reported by the seller to be in good condition.
- New floor pans were installed, along with mostly new weather stripping and seals.
- A new trunk mat, the original tools, and original spare tire are included. The convertible top has been replaced and the tan tonneau cover. The bumpers recently chromed. Working fog-lights have been installed.
- The 15 inch wheels have been refurbished and wear newer 205 -75 tires all around.
- The tan interior has new foam inserts and perforated seat covers, in addition to new black carpets, door panels, and a dash pad.
- The Original radio is in place... Original Triplex glass.
- Mechanical odometer shows 59k miles per Ohio registration records, these are original miles.
- Power comes from the original 2.5-liter inline-six that features an upgraded ignition and an electronic fuel pump installed years ago.
- The most recent service included replacing the spark plugs along with a hydraulic clutch kit.
- New floor pans were added and the frame was reinforced in areas.
- Specs and history
- The Triumph TR6 (1968–76) is a sports car built by British Triumph Motor Company between 1968 and 1976. It was the best-seller of the TR range when production ended, a record subsequently surpassed by the TR7. Of the 91,850 TR6s produced, 83,480 were exported; only 8,370 were sold in the UK.
The bodywork was generally similar to the TR4/TR5, but the front and back ends were squared off, reportedly as a result of a consultancy contract involving Karmann.
All TR6s were powered by Triumph's 2.5-litre straight-6, with the same Lucas mechanical fuel-injection as the TR5 for the United Kingdom and global markets, and carburetted for the United States, as had been the US-only TR250. The TR6PI (petrol-injection) system helped the home-market TR6 produce 150 bhp (110 kW) (145 hp DIN) at model introduction.
The TR6 featured a four-speed manual transmission. An optional electrically switched overdrive operated on second, third, and fourth gears on early models and third and fourth on later ones. Construction was traditional frame. Other features included semi-trailing arm independent rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, 15-inch (380 mm) wheels and tyres, pile carpet on floors and trunk/boot, bucket seats, and full instrumentation. Brakes were discs at the front and drums at the rear. A factory steel hardtop was optional, requiring two people to deploy. The dashboard was walnut veneer. Other factory options included a rear anti-roll bar and a limited-slip differential.
The UK version TR6PI could accelerate from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 8.2 seconds and had a top speed of 120 mph (190 km/h) according to Autocar magazine.
As of 2016, approximately 3400 licensed and 1300 SORN TR6s were registered with the DVLA in the UK.
Triumph Motor Company
Body and chassis
2 door convertible
with optional overdrive
2,235 mm (88.0 in)
3,950 mm (155.5 in)
1,550 mm (61.0 in)
1,270 mm (50.0 in)
1,130 kg (2,491 lb)
TR250 (United States and Canada)
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....evz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts