1972 Triumph TR6 Roadster = 59k miles clean driver $21.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...desert west...
1972 Triumph TR6 Roadster = US-specs...
Fuel Type: Gas
Ext color: Red
Int color: Tan
- This 1972 Triumph TR6 is finished in Damson Red over a tan leather interior and is powered by a 2.5-liter inline-six backed by a 4-speed manual gearbox.
- The car is believed to have remained with its original owner for nearly four decades.
- A repaint in the original color was commissioned two years ago.
- The interior includes new foam inserts and seat covers, a new dash pad and Birdseye maple wood.
- The most recent service included upgrading the ignition, servicing the brakes all around and new emergency brake cable, replacing the spark plugs, and a new hydraulic clutch kit.
- This TR6 is now being offered with a stack of service records, the original owner’s manual.
-The car was repainted in its original Damson Red two years ago and is reported by the seller to be in good condition.
- New floor pans were installed, along with mostly new weather stripping and seals.
- A new trunk mat, the original tools, and original spare tire are included. The convertible top has been replaced and the tan tonneau cover. The bumpers recently chromed. Working fog-lights have been installed.
- The 15 inch wheels have been refurbished and wear newer 205 -75 tires all around.
- The tan interior has new foam inserts and perforated seat covers, in addition to new black carpets, door panels, and a dash pad.
- The Original radio is in place... Original Triplex glass.
- Mechanical odometer shows 59k miles per Ohio registration records, these are original miles.
- Power comes from the original 2.5-liter inline-six that features an upgraded ignition and an electronic fuel pump installed years ago.
- The most recent service included replacing the spark plugs along with a hydraulic clutch kit.
- New floor pans were added and the frame was reinforced in areas.
- Specs and history
- details above
- The Triumph TR6 (1968–76) is a sports car built by British Triumph Motor Company between 1968 and 1976. It was the best-seller of the TR range when production ended, a record subsequently surpassed by the TR7. Of the 91,850 TR6s produced, 83,480 were exported; only 8,370 were sold in the UK.
The bodywork was generally similar to the TR4/TR5, but the front and back ends were squared off, reportedly as a result of a consultancy contract involving Karmann.
All TR6s were powered by Triumph's 2.5-litre straight-6, with the same Lucas mechanical fuel-injection as the TR5 for the United Kingdom and global markets, and carburetted for the United States, as had been the US-only TR250. The TR6PI (petrol-injection) system helped the home-market TR6 produce 150 bhp (110 kW) (145 hp DIN) at model introduction.
The TR6 featured a four-speed manual transmission. An optional electrically switched overdrive operated on second, third, and fourth gears on early models and third and fourth on later ones. Construction was traditional frame. Other features included semi-trailing arm independent rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, 15-inch (380 mm) wheels and tyres, pile carpet on floors and trunk/boot, bucket seats, and full instrumentation. Brakes were discs at the front and drums at the rear. A factory steel hardtop was optional, requiring two people to deploy. The dashboard was walnut veneer. Other factory options included a rear anti-roll bar and a limited-slip differential.
The UK version TR6PI could accelerate from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 8.2 seconds and had a top speed of 120 mph (190 km/h) according to Autocar magazine.
As of 2016, approximately 3400 licensed and 1300 SORN TR6s were registered with the DVLA in the UK.
Triumph Motor Company
Body and chassis
2 door convertible
with optional overdrive
2,235 mm (88.0 in)
3,950 mm (155.5 in)
1,550 mm (61.0 in)
1,270 mm (50.0 in)
1,130 kg (2,491 lb)
TR250 (United States and Canada)
the details below If you have questions please email us below...
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....evz
As per factory original unmodified ,unrestored,VERY RARE TO FIND IN THIS SURVIVOR CONDITION AFTER 44YEARS ,FIND ANOTHER ! This rare example will suit a collector /enthusiast as it has low miles for its age .
NOT PULLED APART AND RESTORED,losing its integrity and is in as per factory example .....
AS FEATURED IN CLASSIC CAR WEEKLY ISSUE No 1312
DEPOSIT NOW TAKEN, SIMILAR CARS REQUIRED, PLEASE CONTACT US
VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT, PLEASE SEE MORE OF OUR STOCK AND PHOTOS AT http://www.motorfaircars.co.uk
TRIUMPH TR6 blue overdrive hard and soft tops genuine low mileage with history taxed and mot probably one of the best around. Selling now as downsizing Engine totally rebuilt by Enguiitity about 10 years ago cost about £2800 with bills due to end float new clutch and brake overhaul Plus not a rebuilt .....
1973 Triumph TR6 – Terrific Condition Dry Survivor. 31,000 indicated miles
Click here for more pictures »
A very solid, well maintained TR6 with minimal rust! Great condition body, significant 35 year service .....
1970 Triumph TR6 Roadster
..One Owner Car since 1972
..Same Owner last 44 Years
..Bought with 8,000 Miles
..21,380 Miles on Car Now
..Concourse Quality Paint/
..Better than Factory /
..Pebble Beach Quality
..6 Cylinder Engine
..4-Speed Manuel Overdrive Trans
..Car Runs Great
..Tonneau & Boot .....
If you're looking for a quick no hassle sale from a long standing TR Register member then look no further. I purchase all examples of the Triumph Marque - TR2, TR3, TR3A, TR4, TR4A TR250, TR5, GT6, Stag & TR6 from restoration projects to concours contenders / winners - I offer a fast, very polite, professional .....
The car was restored about 20 years ago, in 2016 and 2017 several improvements were made such as:
- new Bosch fuel pump
- new injectors
- new injectors pipes and spark plugs
- full servicing of air filtre, oil filtre, fuel filtre, brake pads, brake pipes
- new electric system .....
VIEW AT CARNELL CLASSIC CARS
PLEASE PHONE FOR DETAILS AND APPOINTMENT TO VIEW
SOLD WITH MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION AND WRITTEN WARRANTY .
VISIT OUR WEB-SITE FOR MORE INFO AND PICTURES OF THIS AND MANY OTHER BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC CARS.
DELIVERY ANYWHERE IN THE UK