1929 Desoto 4 Door sedan = clean Blue(~)Grey driver $14.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...desert west...
1929 Desoto 4 Door sedan.
Fuel Type: Gas
Ext color: Blue
Int color: Gray
1929 DeSoto Six 4 Dr.
- This 1929 DeSoto was the first year for this manufacturer and model, and hit the record for most sold first years in the U.S.
- The Desoto Six has an engine displacement of 174.9 cubic inches rated at 55 horsepower. The current owner purchased this vehicle in September of 1984 in WA from the son of the previous owner.
- The former owner repainted and redid the interior... It was then transported down to CA.
- At that time the master cylinder and 4 wheel cylinders and brakes were done.
- In 1986 the engine was rebuilt... New tires were put on shortly after.... It has recently been given a new battery.
- The exterior has the wear you would expect from a 40 year old paint job. There are some minor dings on the fenders and drivers side rear. The interior is still in great condition... It runs and drives well but is a bit cold blooded to start.
- When the current owner’s son got married they picked up the bride and her mother in the car.
- Then after the ceremony transported the son and his bride to their home... The vehicle was enjoyed very much, but unfortunately the owner passed away and it now needs to be enjoyed by a new family.
- Specs and history
- details above
DeSoto (sometimes De Soto) is an American automobile marque that was manufactured and marketed by the DeSoto Division of the Chrysler Corporation from 1928 to the 1961 model year. The De Soto marque was officially dropped November 30, 1960, with over two million vehicles built since 1928.
1929 DeSoto, the first model year of DeSoto
The DeSoto make was founded by Walter Chrysler on August 4, 1928, and introduced for the 1929 model year. It was named after the Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto. The DeSoto logo featured a stylized image of the explorer who led the first European expedition deep into the territory of the modern-day United States (Florida, Georgia, and Alabama), and was the first documented European to have crossed the Mississippi River.
Chrysler wanted to enter the brand in competition with its competitors Oldsmobile, Buick, Studebaker, Hudson, and Willys, in the mid-price class. DeSoto served as a lower priced version of Chrysler products, with Dodge and Plymouth added to the Chrysler family in 1928.
The inaugural DeSoto model year sales in 1929 totaled 81,065 cars, a first year record in the U.S. that lasted until the 1960 Ford Falcon. Shortly after DeSoto was introduced, however, Chrysler completed its purchase of the Dodge Brothers, giving the company two mid-priced makes. Initially, the two-make strategy was relatively successful, with DeSoto priced below Dodge models. Despite the economic times, DeSoto sales were relatively healthy, pacing Dodge at around 25,000 units in 1932.
However, in 1933, Chrysler reversed the market positions of the two marques in hopes of boosting Dodge sales. By elevating DeSoto, it received Chrysler's streamlined 1934 Airflow bodies. But, on the shorter DeSoto wheelbase, the design was a disaster and was unpopular with consumers. Unlike Chrysler, which still had more traditional models to fall back on, DeSoto was hobbled by the Airflow design until the 1935 Airstream arrived.
Aside from its Airflow models, DeSoto's 1942 model is probably its second most memorable model from the pre-war years, when the cars were fitted with powered pop-up headlights, a first for a North American mass-production vehicle. (The Cord 810 introduced dashboard hand cranked hidden headlamps in the 1936 model year.) DeSoto marketed the feature as "Air-Foil" lights ("Out of Sight Except at Night").
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
This DeSoto Firedome Series S25 Sedan was built in 1957, but it still looks as if it has just come fresh from the factory. The color combination of brown and beige is as shiny as it was on day one, a DeSoto in such an original state of preservation is almost impossible to find today. The new car feeling .....
This Firedome was built in 1957 and comes from the Series S25 Sportsman. The car had its last paintwork in pearl white and wine red 15 years ago, today it has a really nice patina. The body was overhauled and has a preventive coating against possible corrosion, additionally, the interior floor and the .....
1955 Desoto Firedome Sportsman Coupe
..Two Door Hard Top
..Red & White Paint
..New Gray & White Interior
..Black & Chrome Dash Looks Great
..Push Button Radio
..291ci/185hp Hemi V8 Engine
..New WWW Tires
1949 DeSoto 4DR Sedan
..Model S-13 I Believe
..Car Is Straight
..Car is Solid
..Lite Blue Paint
..Dark Blue Roof
..2-Tone Blue Interior
..Upholstery Looks Great
..Dash Looks Very Good
..Fluid Drive Trans
..Asking $10,000 USD
..e-Mail or Call
The 1940 DeSoto sales logo stated: “We’re a Long Way from being Millionaires—but We’re Having the Times of Our Lives in the one 1940 with 39 new features Missing is 2-3 or 4 year-old cars”. This slogan reflected the strike DeSoto suffered at the beginning of the 1940 production year. The .....
1029 DeSoto 4DR Sedan
..Right Hand Drive
..Carin Great Condition
..Have owned it 26 Years and/
..Have taken Great Care of it
..Yellow Paint w/ Brown Fenders
..Recently replaced the Brakes
..2 Axle Rigid Body Sedan
..One of the Oldest Cars in/
..In such Great Condition