1948 Oldsmobile Series 68 Convertible = Rare 1 of 2,091 made For Sale
Located in the USA...west...
1948 Oldsmobile Series 68 Convertible = US-specs.
Fuel Type: Gas
Ext color: Red
Int color: Red
Handsomely restored and a pleasure to drive
Rare car with just 2,091 built
Oldsmobile straight eight power
Luxurious leather interior and appointments
- 257.1 cid L-head inline eight-cylinder engine rated at 110 HP, three-speed manual transmission, independent coil spring front suspension and coil spring rear suspension, four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes; wheelbase: 119”
- When World War II ended, Detroit’s car builders hustled to get their new models into the showrooms. In an effort to put cars on the road again, Oldsmobile dusted off the old dies and began punching them out on October 15, 1945 with only minor changes. Huge fuselage front fenders and gigantic bumpers were part of the package and Oldsmobile sold more than its fair share of automobiles to the car-starved postwar market. These were solid cars that offered excellent reliability in a very stylish package.
- Offered here is a 1948 Oldsmobile Series 68 Convertible Coupe that features all the wonderful styling attributes that made the cars of the 1940s so fashionable. The history of this Olds is known from day one when it was sold new in California at Murphy Oldsmobile of Los Angeles to an affluent doctor. It was primarily used by his wife as a personal driver car when she was not being chauffeured around in the family’s Rolls-Royce.
- The Olds eventually wound up at the family’s Washington State cabin for use as a Sunday car and was sold 15 years later to another doctor in Washington State. He used it for only one year before selling it to the next owner who kept it until 1978.
- Its next owner held it until 1989 and its present owner had it fully restored. One thing that all owners of this Olds had in common is that they took excellent care of this rare car.
- The body is solid with no rust or fillers used and the paint has an exquisite shine. It’s finished in an attractive burgundy and this Olds rides on wide whitewall tires with a new tan convertible top. Power comes from Oldsmobile’s 257.1 cubic-inch eight with 110 horsepower in an engine compartment that’s neat and tidy and ready for showing. The interior is upholstered in red leather with great attention to detail throughout. This is a car that starts easily and runs great with all the reliability for which Oldsmobile was known.
- As a marque that has passed into history, Oldsmobile represents a time when the automotive landscape was filled with great cars.
- As a representative of a bygone era, this Oldsmobile Series 68 Convertible Coupe is a car that catches attention wherever it goes and is also the perfect car for a daily drive.
- More details coming soon and on request please...
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....evz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts