1953 Mille Miglia eligible Triumph TR2 long door For Sale
Originally built RHD for export to Tangynika West Africa. Exported from Tangynika to South Africa in 1970, where it spent the rest of its life in the dry climate.
Imported back into the UK in 2016 and has undergone a schedule of refurbishment over the last few years, which includes:
- Full carburetor re-build (including jet replacement)
- Fuel pump overhaul
- Replacement of rear wheel brake cylinders and springs
- Full replacement of clutch and combined clutch/braking master cylinder
- Replacement of steering wheel with correct period item
- Addition of ancillary reversing light
- Addition of period 7" Lucas Spotlamps
- New period webbing seat belts
- New period Tyres (x5)
- Waxoil underside of vehicle
- Replacement of starter motor with hi-torque version
- Replacement of steering box with new steering rack conversion
- Fitting of electric fan (and themostatic sensor
- Headlight switch replacement and dash light wiring repairs
- Driver and Passenger seat re-furbishment
-MOT to end May 2019
Weather equipment in good condition and includes hood and screens, full tonneau cover, half tonneau cover.
Presented in it's attractive, original (and fairly rare) colour scheme of Black with 'Geranium' red leather.
On the button and ready for the summer.
Foreign buyers please note I will accept Sterling only. Cleared payment in full required before collection.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts