1956 Continental Mark II = Black Project Needs TLC $31.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1956 Continental Mark II = US-specs.
•One of 2,550 Mark IIs made for 1956
•368 CID Y-block V-8 engine
•Three-speed Turbo Drive automatic transmission and 3.07 gearing
•Presidential Black (code 01) with gray and white Bridge of Weir leather interior (code 1E6L)
•Power steering, power brakes, power front seats
•Factory Air Conditioning
- Even more elegant in black, the Continental Mark IIs made quite an exclamation point when they were introduced in late 1955, a year that already saw record vehicle sales in the United States.
- This Mark II, like all of them, was made at the Allen Park Body and Assembly in Allen Park, Michigan on March 16, 1956 and it was the ninth vehicle made that day.
- This example is one of only 2,550 Mark IIs made in 1956. This example was originally sold by Havens Motors, Inc., in Logansport, Indiana to an Alicia Ballard. Between 1992 and 2004, Jared Bruce owned it. Since then, this Mark II has fallen to the point where it needs some TLC but very complete and hard to find in running and driving condition.
- Dressed in Presidential Black (code 01), this car’s paint and trim are in mediocre condition.
- Blemishes are found on the trunk lid; the taillights show cracks and other areas of the car do not meet the 10-foot test.
- The bodywork however is straight and solid.
- This car rolls on older Commander wide whitewall tires, size L78-15 at all four corners.
- The tires are mounted on steel wheels topped by factory wheel covers.
Under the hood is Lincoln’s 368 CID Y-block V-8 backed by a Turbo-Drive three-speed automatic transmission and 3.07:1 rear end. Driver convenience features include power steering, power brakes and power front seats.
- Other standard equipment included an AM radio, whitewall tires, heater and factory air conditioning.
Inside, the car’s gray and white Bridge of Weir leather interior (code 1E6L) is in overall fair shape. Capping off the inside is a factory AM radio. The wipers, power windows and gauges are inoperable.
The Continental Mark II was revived in late 1955 as a separate marque, produced by a separate division of Ford Motor Company, as its sole model. This version was a unique design with the highest quality control ever seen in the automobile industry. High-class luxury abounded in the new Continental, and with very limited availability, it appeared even more exclusive than the original.
- This car was so exclusive, even celebrities like Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley and political figures like the Shah of Iran and President Dwight D. Eisenhower had to follow Ford’s protocol to qualify for ownership. Actress Elizabeth Taylor received a Mark II from Warner Brothers as a gift; its exterior custom painted to match her eyes.
More important, the car was the personal vehicle of choice for many Ford family members. Josephine Ford, Henry Ford’s sole granddaughter, and his three grandsons, Benson, Henry II and William Clay Ford all piloted Continental Mark IIs. The Mark II sold new for $10,400, the equivalent of a new Rolls-Royce or two Cadillacs at that time.
Ford fun factoids – 98 percent of 1956 Continentals came with power brakes; 85 percent had power seats; 86 percent had power windows; 94 percent had radios; 99 percent had heaters; and 98 percent had whitewall tires.
Competition to the Mark II in 1956 included Bentley’s Continental, Cadillac’s Eldorado Seville, Chrysler’s New Yorker Newport two-door hardtop, Jaguar’s Mark VIII, Lincoln’s own Premiere Coupe, Mercedes-Benz’s 300d “Adenauer,” Packard’s Caribbean Hardtop and Rolls-Royce’s Silver Cloud.
This black beauty deserves another chance at road redemption, you owe it to yourself to visit our many Classic Cars and check out this Continental for yourself.
- This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri... Current mileage on the odometer shows 8,005 miles.
- It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. ..GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1941 Lincoln Continental 2DR
..Professional Ground Up Restoration
..Original V12 Engine
..Never Driven in Rain since Restoration
..Won AACA National First
..Lincoln Owners Club First
..Best Pre-War Continental
..Classic Car Club National Award
..Excellent Running .....
1970 Lincoln Continental 2DR HT
..36,000 Original Miles
..Gold Paint Nice
..Dark Brown Roof
..Goldish-Tan Brocade Interior
..Asking $22,500 USD
..e-Mail or Call for 11 Photos
..Call Rod: 001-402-651-5521 USA
..Land Phone: 001-712-767-2363 USA
1948 Lincoln Continental 2DR Sedan
..Brown Leather Interior
..V8 Lincoln Engine
..Asking $28,500 USD
..Make An Offer
..e-Mail or Call
..Call Rod: 001-712-767-2363 USA
..Mobile Phone: 001-402-651-5521 USA
1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible
..Car Is In Good Condition
..Blue Paint Very Nice
..Dark Red Interior Very Nice
..Dash Looks Very Nice
..Original V212 Engine
..Manuel Trans w/Overdrive
..Hydraulic Power Top
..Hydraulic Power Windows
..Car Runs Good
1963 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible
..25,000 Original Miles
..White Paint Nice
..White & Black Leather Interior
..Interior Is Original
..430ci V8 Engine
..Automatic 3-Speed Trans
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible
..A Barn Find
..Lincoln V8 Engine
..Car In Good Condition
..Very Nice Body
..White Paint Nice
..New Black Soft Top
..Power Top Serviced & WorksGreat
..Black Leather Interior
..New Interior Insert .....
1941 Lincoln Continental 2DR Coupe
..Beautiful Lincoln Coupe
..Original Color Combination
..Black Paint Excellent
..Burgundy Interior Excellent
..Original V12 V8 Engine
..Very Good Brakes
..Car Runs & Drives
..Taking Offers at this Time
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible
..Very Original Looking Under Hood
..Runs And Drives Great
..462 V8 Engine
..Power White Soft Top Works Great
..6-Way Power Seat
V8 engine with 6L displacement and 300PS coupled with a 3-speed automatic transmission, servo steering and servo brakes, electric window lifters. Only 2550 copies were produced by this model. This Lincoln was the most expensive car in the entire US vehicle range in 1956. With its very European dimensions .....