1983 Honda Civic Wagon LS B18 Swap
•Custom built restoration and autographed by Rutledge Wood, NBC Sports and Top Gear USA announcer
•Ownership documentation in Wood’s name
•Featured on the TV show “Lost in Transmission” on History
•Car was built and tuned at Mainstream performance
•Swapped B18B1 1.8L , DOHC, 16v four-cylinder engine from a 1995 Acura Integra LS
•Integra GSR five-speed manual transmission
•Custom engine mounts, HASport cable-to-hydraulic clutch and OBD-II to OBD-I jumper harness
•Custom axels built by the DriveShaft Shop
•Performance headers with custom Magnaflow exhaust/high flow catalytic convertor
•Custom air intake made by Mainstream with high flow filter
•OEM Nissan Tank Green exterior, green interior and Cherry Blossom Red engine bay
•Mk II GTI Recaro Trophy front seats with Westfalia Celery Green with plaid accents and full custom green carpets
•GLI Nardi wooden steering wheel, complete with a NRG quick release and Auto Gage tachometer
•Momo F1 wooden shift knob that Rutledge stated came out of Tanner Foust’s Nissan 300zx from Season 1 of Top Gear
•Period correct 15? Enkei 92 gold lace wheels
•Eibach Springs on coilover sleeves (front) Lowering blocks (rear leaf springs) with new shocks
•The car also features a wooden roof rack that uses the original crossbars
•Vintage Coleman cooler in the trunk conceals the battery
•MK1 GTi Duckbill chin spoiler
- Motorsports and Honda fans, listen up!
- Cars is ready to get you into the game with a custom built and restored 1983 Honda Civic wagon previously owned by Rutledge Wood, announcer for NBC Sports, NASCAR and Top Gear USA!
- The car includes ownership documentation in Wood’s name and the cherry blossom engine bay bears his autograph. The wagon was featured on the Wood’s TV show “Lost in Transmission” on History.
- What Wood had to say about his Honda as it was getting restored at Brian’s Paint and Body in Sharpsburg, Ga., is a perfect 10, despite its imperfections. “I just love the idea of it,” he says. “Honda changed how imports really were perceived. And I just always liked it.
- He bought this in October because he needed a car he could drive to the airport. “I wanted to build something that I wasn’t as concerned about people running their door into my truck,” he says. “It’s a Nissan paint color off an Xterra; it’s army-tank green.
- I always liked that color, so I looked it up and when I was ready to have it painted, Brian had the code. It’s going to a shop in Atlanta called Mainstream Performance, which is another big Honda place.” Over at Mainstream Performance, the car is getting the engine swapped to a 1996 Integra motor. “It’s a big process so they’ll have to cut a new motor mount.
- I needed a little commuter car and I didn’t want to just buy a new Honda Civic. I just liked the older looks of the ’83.” Wood bought three cars in order to build this 1983 Civic to his liking: a 1982 Civic wagon, a 1980 Civic hatchback and a 1996 Acura Integra for its motor. “And that’s what’s funny – a ’96 Integra is much nicer in theory than the ’83 Civic wagon,” Wood admits. “It’ll be cool when I’m all done with it.”
- Finished in OEM Nissan Tank Green, the wagon’s paint and trim are in good overall condition. The wagon’s windows, including the rear one with its electric defroster grid and wiper/washer, are clear and crack-free. The wagon’s lights are in similar fine order.
- The wagon’s bodywork is straight, its Cherry Blossom Red engine bay is extremely tidy, the battery appears new (and has been relocated to the cargo bay in a vintage Coleman cooler) and the black bumpers fit tightly to the body. The car also features a custom wooden roof rack that uses the original crossbars.
- This hotrod Honda rolls on Yokohama radials, size 195/50R15 at all four corners.
- Each Yoko is wrapped around a period correct 15? Enkei 92 gold lace wheel, which contrast nicely with the car’s body color. This Honda also has been lowered with Eibach Springs on coilover sleeves (front) Lowering blocks (rear leaf springs) with new shocks.
- The stance of the wagon is completed with a MK1 GTi Duckbill front chin spoiler.
- Under the forward-hinged hood is a B18B 1.8L fuel-injected, DOHC, 16-valve four-cylinder engine from a 1995 Acura Integra LS and produces around 140HP, which is about double the horsepower of the original 1984 engine!
- The engine rests on custom engine mounts and is mated to a manual five-speed transmission unit, from a 1996 Acura Integra GSR and has shorter gearing than the LS transmission.
- Custom axels were built by the DriveShaft Shop and has a HASport cable-to-hydraulic clutch and an On-board Diagnostics II to On-board Diagnostics I jumper harness.
- Inside, a pair of MkII GTI Recaro Trophy bucket seats replace the factory front buckets. All seats have been reupholstered in Volkswagen Westfalia Celery Green with plaid accents. The inner door panels and sun visors have been redone to match the plaid found on the seats.
- The seats are in excellent overall condition while the complementing green carpets look great, as does the headliner and matching plastic trim pieces. The green dash is in very nice shape for a dashboard of this vintage.
- The GLI Nardi wooden steering wheel, complete with a NRG quick release is in excellent condition, as is the instrument panel.
- There is an Auto Gage tachometer perched atop the steering column. The plaid inner door panels are in very good shape. Capping off the interior is a Momo F1 wooden shift knob that Rutledge stated came out of Tanner Foust’s Nissan 300zx from Season 1 of Top Gear and a period correct Alpine AM/FM stereo with cassette deck but is inoperable.
- The car was built to have air conditioning, it uses an Integra b18b compressor with custom lines that use everything else that was original to this factory A/C wagon. It was charged when it was built, but there was some sort of leak in the system, so the AC does not blow cold.
-The wagon does have hot heat.
If you’re a fan of Rutledge Wood’s work on Top Gear USA, NBC Sports or for NASCAR, you owe it to yourself to stop by and see many Classic Cars and check out his personal swapped 1983 Honda Wagon in person before it sells to a new owner!
- This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 235,335 miles.
-It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt Missouri title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
New old stock parts for Honda Civic:
-Door panel front right Honda Civic 1980-1981.
-Rear door panels Honda Civic 1982-1983.
-Front doors Honda Civic Sedan 1983-1985.
-Front door panels Honda Civic sedan 1983-1985.
-Front panel Honda Civic 1986-1987.
-Front panel lower part Honda Civic 1978-1979.
A FRESH IMPORT TRACK CAR CIVIC EK9 RACE BASE LIGHTWEIGHT WITH A B20B + TODA FULLY RACE TUNED HEAD + TODA CAMS + 14 POINT ROLL CAGE *** TRACK USE ONLY ***, Solid RED, 104,000 MLS, Race Base EK9 1.6 With a B20b Block and a Fully Race Tuned TODA Head with TODA Cams, This car has been totally stripped out .....
Contact in english or french please
Car located in Lille (France)
Delivery possible at costs
30 HD pictures available, just ask
Civic 1st generation
automatic gearbox hondamatic CVT
excellent unrestored condition
originally in grey color
painted 2 years ago .....
Civic 2.0 Type R EP3 JDM 6 Spd 2dr
Championship White, Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking, Climate Control, Air Conditioning, Factory Fitted Red BRIDE RECARO Seats, Red Carpets, Rear Privacy Glass, 17" Alloy Wheels, .....
Civic 2.0 Type R EP3 C-Pack JDM FRESH IMPORT 3dr
Championship White, Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking, Climate Control, Air Conditioning, JAP SAT/NAV, MD + CD Player, Factory Fitted Red RECARO Seats, Red Carpets, .....
Morris Leslie Vehicle Auctions are pleased to announce this lot will be offered for sale in our forth coming auction of classic vehicles on Saturday 25th May at our Perthshire auction centre, over 200 expected entries. Please visit http://www.morrisleslie.com for full pictured catalogue.
Honda Civic year 1982. Registered as a veteran car in Czech Republic. Very good state. Since 1991 under the roof with a good treatment. All original except added central locking, pager, alarm. Detailed pictures of anything can be sent before you come.
Here I have my genuine low mileage Japanese 1994 Honda Civic Ferio edition, it comes with full Honda service history and is probably the only surviving one in such mint condition today.
It has absolutely no rust on the body work and has been professionally under sealed.
The car has many optional .....
HONDA CIVIC VTI 1.6 4D (1994)
160 hp 1600CC engine
POSSIBLE NATIONAL AND FOREIGN SHIPPING
CONDITIONS: ORIGINAL PRESERVED NOT RESTORED
REGULAR ORDINARY MAINTENANCE
We propose, the sedan version (EG9) top of the range of the V Civic generation with 282926 km. The peculiarity of this version .....
I am selling my Honda Civic eg hatch final run out model after over 17 years of ownership.I am the second owner of the car which has been an absolute joy to use as the looks and performance from these are just great fun. You will see from the photos that it’s been well looked after and that I’m .....