1934 Dodge Model DR Convertible Coupe = 1st Prize Recipient For Sale
Located in the USA...
1934 Dodge Model DR Convertible Coupe =
Model: Model DR
Transmission: Three-speed Manual
1934 Dodge Model DR Convertible Coupe
• Former National 1st Prize AACA & Meadow Brook Concourse D’Elegance 1st Prize Recipient
•218 CID inline six-cylinder engine with Carter downdraft carburetor
•Floating power engine mounting system
•Three-speed manual transmission with automatic vacuum clutch
•Yellow exterior with custom pin-striping, tan folding top and brown leather interior
•Duplate safety glass windshield
•Dual side-mounted spare tires, dual horns
•Rear-mounted travel trunk
•“Floating Cushion” steel spoke wheels
•DR DeLuxe Convertible Coupe, one of 1,239 DR Convertible Coupes made in 1934
If not one of the most beautiful, it’s definitely the nicest Dodge we’ve seen in a long time here at our Classic Cars.
- We ar e proud to present this 1934 Dodge Model DR Convertible.
-This car was A recipient of A ground up restoration and is superb! Previous 14 year ownership.
- This car’s two tone yellow paint, custom pin-striping and chrome-plated trim are in overall excellent show winning order. This model features a “Duplate” safety glass windshield and larger, bullet-shaped chrome headlamps.
-This Dodge was judged the best by both the (AACA) Antique Automotive Club Of America & Also 1st prize winner at the prestigious Meadow Brook Concourse D’Elegance in 1994 .
- It’s just as stunning today!
- The bodywork, with its coach doors and draft-free body ventilation, is straight and solid, the chrome, single bar bumpers look fantastic and the engine bay is extremely tidy. Out back is a rear-mounted travel trunk.
- This Dodge rolls on BFGoodrich Silvertown tires, wrapped around body-colored “Floating Cushion” steel spoke wheels with center caps. The tires are in very good order while the wheels are in excellent shape.
- Under that vee’d hood is a 218 CID inline six-cylinder engine with a Carter downdraft carburetor.
- The motor is buttoned to a three-speed manual transmission with automatic vacuum clutch.
- Car has independent front suspension, synchronized front and rear springs along with improved brakes drums.
- Inside, the car’s luxurious brown leather interior is in overall fantastic shape. The bench seat looks great while the matching carpet is in satisfactory order. The black, three-spoke steering wheel is in great condition while the black metal instrument panel and inner door panels are in excellent order.
- Even the shift lever looks fantastic. The folding cloth soft top is tight fitted and shows well complete with A clear dust cover that is custom fitted.
- The 1934 Dodge was completely restyled to evidence a much more streamlined appearance.
-There was a new V-type radiator; skirted front and rear fenders; many horizontal hood louvers of descending lengths; larger, bullet-shaped chrome headlamps; and a single-bar bumper with a flat dip in the middle.
- Standard equipment included Delco-Remy ignition; hydraulic brakes; new independent front suspension; “Floating Power” engine mounting system; X-type frame; new ventilation system; steel spoke wheels; dual horns; and a new, “leaping Ram” hood ornament.
- These models were retroactively labelled DeLuxe Sixes after the Standard Sixes debuted in June 1934. After that, DR side hood panels featured four plain louvers, like the Standards instead of the multiple louvers used before June.
- Competition to this Dodge DR Convertible in 1934 included Chevrolet’s DA-series two-door Cabriolet, Ford’s Model 40 two-door Cabriolet, Hudson Series LT Convertible Coupe, LaSalle’s Series 50 Convertible Coupe, Plymouth’s DeLuxe PE Convertible and Oldsmobile’s L-series Convertible Coupe, Pontiac’s two-door Cabriolet, Studebaker’s Roadster Convertible and Terraplane’s Series K Convertible Coupe.
- While early ‘30s Fords get the lion’s share of the limelight and attention, classic car buffs should not overlook Dodge vehicles from the same era.
- If you’re after an early 30s classic droptop to add to your collection and you desire something that’s not a Model A, B, 18 or 40, you should stop Classic Cars to check out this ’34 Dodge DR Convertible Coupe.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Current mileage on the odometer shows 38 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts