1968 Shelby Mustang GT-500 Convertible Cobra = Clone $59.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1968 Shelby Mustang GT-500 Convertible Cobra = Clone = US-specs.
Asking Price: $59,500..USD....
Transmission: Four-speed Manual
1968 Shelby Mustang GT-500 Convertible Cobra Tribute
•Same previous owner since 2008, 10 years
•351 CID Cleveland V-8 engine with Cobra accessories
•Has genuine Shelby cobra parts such as center console, door panels and Lucas fog lights
•Four-speed manual transmission
•Black exterior (code Y5) with gold trim, power-folding black soft-top plus Cobra trim and black interior with gold trim and Cobra accents
•Roll bar and rear spoiler
•power steering and power brakes
•Tilt steering column
- We are proud to offer this 1968 Shelby Mustang GT-500 Convertible Cobra Tribute. This example was built in Ford’s Los Angeles, California assembly plant on September 15, 1967 and left the line with a 390 CID V-8 engine mated to a three-speed automatic transmission and a 3.25:1 rear end.
- Since then, a 351 CID Cleveland V-8 with Cobra accessories replaced the factory engine and the C6 autobox was swapped out for a desirable four-speed manual transmission.
- Dressed in black (code Y5), the car’s paint and trim are in great condition overall, with minor imperfections.
- The windows are clear and crack-free and the car’s lights, including the grille-mounted fog lights, are clear and intact.
The car’s bodywork is straight, the engine bay is very tidy, the battery looks very good and the car’s chrome bladed bumpers fit tightly to the body.
- This Shelby Tribute rolls on Cooper Cobra Radial G/T tires, size 215/70R15 at all four corners.
- Each tire surrounds a Cobra-style wheels.
- Under the vented hood is a understood 351 CID Cleveland V-8 engine with Cobra accessories such as a double air cleaner. Backing up this engine is that four-speed manual transmission mentioned earlier. Driver convenience features include tilt steering column, power steering and power brakes.
Prominent with the top down is the added roll bar.
-The black front buckets and rear bench look great.
The new black carpet is in excellent order while the Cobra rimblow steering wheel, with its wood rim looks fantastic. Horn is inoperable.
- The instrument panel, with its walnut appliqués, is in very good condition.
- Tachometer is inoperable.
- The car’s center console which is a genuine Shelby and center stack, with more walnut trim, are in better-than-average shape, as is the shifter. Rounding out the interior is a Clarion ProAudio AM/FM stereo with CD player.
Competition to this Shelby in 1968 included Chevrolet’s Camaro, Dodge’s Challenger, Ford’s Mustang, Mercury’s Cougar, Plymouth’s Valiant and Pontiac’s Firebird.
Shelby, Mustang and Ford fans in general would enjoy seeing this car in person so if that’s you, come on down to MotoeXotica Classic Cars and look this one over for yourself!
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 14,222 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts