1981 Toyota 4×4 HiLux Truck SR5 = Full Restored $55.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1981 Toyota 4×4 HiLux Truck SR5 = US-specs.
Transmission: Four-speed Manual
1981 Toyota 4×4 HiLux Truck “Sr5”
•Nicest 3rd generation HiLux 4×4 pickup known to exist today, overall condition is fantastic!
•STUNNING nut and bolt restoration performed by a passionate Toyota enthusiast
•One-owner California 4×4 truck until 2018
•Low mileage of 73k, understood to be actual and this truck feels close to showroom new!
•USDM market truck, sold new at Toyota of Sacramento California
•Correct Toyota White (code 33) with tri-tone (gold, umber, brown) striping and tan vinyl interior (code LU41) and optional larger side mirrors
•Still retains California smog equipment, this truck still can be registered and driven in CA
•Deluxe standard bed, regular cab 4×4 Toyota Sport Truck, bed still retains original Toyota Y81 bed sticker
•Desired last year of the round headlights but first year for the “one touch” tailgate
•Pristine factory bed, was preserved by a dealer installed camper shell and carpet kit (now removed)
•2.4L SOHC four-cylinder engine (code 22R) with an exceptionally tidy engine bay
•Four-speed manual transmission (L45) and a 4×4 RF1A transfer case
•Factory power front disk brakes
•Cab rear slider window
•BF Goodrich All-Terrain 31×10.50R15 tires, SR5 gold alloy wheels with Aisin front locking hubs
•Extremely tidy undercarriage with original metal and all new parts, must see the photos!
- Remember the other car star of the “Back to the Future” films? Yes, the rugged looking black Toyota 4×4 Sport Truck! While we do not have a clone of Marty McFly’s Toyota 4×4 SR5 Club Cab, this example is very close and still captures the impressionable pop culture that these little Toyota sport trucks had on the US market when new in the early 1980’s. MotoeXotica Classic Cars is excited to present the nicest 3rd generation HiLux 4×4 pickup know to exist today! You will never find another 4×4 Japanese truck as nice again! Still shows low mileage of 73k and is understood to be actual.
- This truck comes from a one-owner from California who purchased the truck new from Toyota of Sacramento. At the time, the truck had a dealer installed camper with carpet installed and remained on the truck until recently. The second owner purchased the truck from the original owner in 2018.
- The new owner was a passionate Toyota enthusiast who performed a stunning professional nut and bolt restoration from top to bottom, which no details were skipped or overlooked. The extreme high quality condition of the restoration is truly show winning and makes this Toyota appear and feel showroom new! Please see the detailed photos and video!
- Made in Hamura, Japan, this ½-ton 4×4 sport truck was originally sold at Toyota of Sacramento in Sacramento, California. It has a deluxe standard bed (still original bed) and a regular cab versus the extended cabs that are so popular today.
- Quick note to California buyers, this particular truck still retains California smog equipment and sticker, this truck still can be registered and road driven in the state of California. This situation is a rarity as some of these trucks that didn’t rust away are still missing smog equipment!
- Finished in correct Toyota White (code 33) with the attractive 1980’s flare of the tri-tone (gold, umber, brown) striping, the truck’s paint and trim are in like new condition overall, as are the glass panels, exterior trim and vehicle lights.
- The body is straight and solid, which is literally impossible to find today with the 3rd and 4th generation HiLux trucks. The original bed cargo area is extremely tidy; there used to be a camper shell and carpet kit back there but nothing else has been in the bed but air!
- The complete original bed and tailgate are in pristine condition and the bed still has the original Y81 factory sticker. The black, front bumper is in excellent shape just like everything else, the engine bay is extremely tidy and the battery appears new.
- In the engine bay which all appears brand new is Toyota’s 2.4L SOHC four-cylinder engine (code 22R), buttoned to a four-speed manual transmission (code L45) and 4×4 RF1A transfer case.
- The rolling stock here are BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A light truck tires, size 31×10.50R15 at all four corners.
- Each tire is wrapped around factory gold alloy wheels with front locking hubs.
- The tires are in very good order while the wheels are in excellent shape.
- This truck is equipped with factory front power disk brakes.
- Inside, the truck’s tan vinyl interior (code LU41) is in excellent shape – split bench seat, rear slider window, headliner, two-spoke steering wheel, instrument panel, door liners, console and the factory AM/FM stereo.
- In North American markets the Hilux (known as the pickup) saw the use of four-wheel drive. It had a solid front axle and leaf suspension. The body saw a redesign that included single round headlights and a less complex body.
- This new 4WD setup featured a gear driven RF1A transfer case. This transfer case is unique in that its low-range reduction portion can be replicated, using what some refer to as a dual or triple transfer case. This results in a much lower overall gear ratio.
- Competition to this Toyota pickup in 1981 included Chevrolet’s Light-Utility Vehicle (LUV), Datsun’s 720 Truck, Ford’s Courier, Dodge’s Ram 50, Isuzu’s Faster, Mazda’s B2000, Mitsubishi’s truck and Plymouth’s Arrow truck.
- It cannot be overstated how rare this vehicle is; it’s in mint condition and a new professional nut and bolt correct restoration. We reiterate that it is by far the nicest early 80s Toyota 4×4 truck that still exists. Come by and see many Classic Cars today to check it out for yourself before someone else does – this truck will NOT last long.
- We also like to recommend this truck as potential excellent long term investment truck (purchase and hold for 10+ years). This truck in the next decade will most likely appreciate in value but even more importantly will become extremely desirable. When the “Back to the Future” kids of the 1980’s become older with more disposable income, this truck will be the must HAVE!
- This truck is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 73,366 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts