1962 Lotus Super Seven =Yellow driver fresh engine $39k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1962 Lotus Super Seven
- details above Interior - details above
Trans: Manual - details above Engine:4 CYL
- We are pleased to offer this very rare, genuine Lotus Super Seven.
- This car was meticulously restored in 2005 and comes with a reinforced powder coated chassis and re-skinned body.
- This work was done by mark expert Tom Beauchamp.
- The car was restored to street standards, and was purchased by our client in 2009 and made into a race car.
- All of the street equipment comes with the car, so it can be put back to stock if desired.
- The engine is a 1500cc Ford non-crossflow that was rebuilt by mark expert Jay Ivey.
- The engine has approximately fifteen hours on it.
- The engine is fitted with twin 40 DCOE Webers and mated to a Ford Cortina 4-speed gearbox.
- The bell housing is very rare and made of magnesium.
- The rear axle is rebuilt and modified by mark expert Chris Beebe.
- The wheels are very rare, genuine Wobblies made of magnesium.
- The car comes with full history from new.
- It has been raced since 2010 and appeared at many prestigious events such as Monterey Motorsport Reunion, Sonoma Historics, and Sebring to name just a few.
- Please feel free to email us with any questions you have....
Specs and history
- details above
The Lotus Seven is a small, simple, lightweight two-seater open-top sports car produced by the British manufacturer Lotus Cars (initially called Lotus Engineering) between 1957 and 1972.
It was designed by Lotus founder Colin Chapman and has been considered the embodiment of the Lotus philosophy of performance through low weight and simplicity. The original model was highly successful with more than 2,500 cars sold, due to its attraction as a road legal car that could be used for clubman racing.
After Lotus ended production of the Seven, Caterham bought the rights and today Caterham make both kits and fully assembled cars based on the original design.
The Lotus Seven design has spawned a host of imitations on the kit car market, generally called Sevens or sevenesque roadsters.
Body and chassis
1,172 cc (1.2 L) I4
'62 Lotus 7 (Ottawa British Car Show '10)
1,340 cc (1.3 L) I4
Lotus Seven (Ste. Anne De Bellevue Veteran's Hospital
1,600 cc (1.6 L) I4
1,600 cc (1.6 L) I4
1,700 cc (103.7 cu in) I4
1970 Lotus Super 7
The Lotus Seven was launched in 1957 to replace the Mark VI as the 'entry level' Lotus model, The Seven name was left over from a model that was abandoned by Lotus, which would have been a Riley-engined single-seater that Lotus intended to enter into the Formula Two in 1952 or 1953. However, the car was completed around Chapman's chassis as a sports car by its backers and christened the Clairmonte Special.
Externally similar to Chapman's earlier Lotus Mark VI, but with a different tubular frame similar to the Lotus Eleven, the Seven was powered by a 40 bhp (30 kW; 41 PS) Ford Side-valve 1,172 cc inline-four engine. It was used both on the road and for club racing (750 motor club in the UK).
The Lotus Seven S2 followed in 1960 and was supplemented by the Lotus Super Seven S2 from 1961. The Super Seven initially used the larger Cosworth modified 1,340cc Ford Classic engine and later examples were fitted with 1,498cc or 1,599cc engines. The Seven S3 was released in 1968. In 1970, Lotus radically changed the shape of the car to create the slightly more conventional sized Series 4 (S4), with a squarer fibreglass shell replacing most of the aluminium bodywork. It also offered some luxuries as standard, such as an internal heater matrix.
Between 1970 and 1975, following a representation agreement, Lotus Argentina SA obtained the licence to manufacture the Lotus Seven in Argentina. This production reached approximately 51 units. These vehicles were not replicas, but built under licence and original brand Lotus.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have... You can view the full set of photos on request please with email us....all exports welcome at your cost....
the details below If you have questions please email us below...
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....
LOTUS Seven S2 competition conditions, exceptional restoration, enrolled ASI n.37830, registered Fiche CSAI Regularity for historic cars n.3292 / P, supplied also pressed steel rims
more car and bikes on our website: -------------------------- www.braveragazze.eu --------------------------
We advise .....
This 1965 Lotus Seven S2 is an excellent original car just out of a large collection. Silver and red with black interior. A rare find and a thrilling car to drive that's growing more and more collectible with each passing day. A great buy for only $29,500
We are very privileged to offer what is undoubtedly the very best 1961 Lotus Seven in the world having been meticulously built by a noted race car restorer and preparer to faithfully replicate the 1500 Cosworth “Prisoner-Spec” Lotus Seven with new frame and panel work by Arch of Huntingdon, but .....
Lotus Seven s1 – 1959
948cc BMC engine, with 2 SU H4, BMC gearbox.
New brass radiator like the original shape to fit
Several genuine gauges, original fuel tank, all aluminium body panels.
Engine sounds and works very well. Good identity.
Comes with original Lotus Components chassis plate .....
Lotus 7. First registered in UK - 1984 previously registered abroad. Indications are, it must have been used for competitions. Just completed major strip and rebuild by well known specialist. Spec includes 1600 Dry Sumped pre-Crossflow, rebuilt gearbox, 4 Linked Rear Axle, Full weather gear, Revolution .....
VERY RARE 1970 LHD LOTUS SEVEN S4
MODEL SEVEN S4
PRICE EURO 29.800
CHASSIS N. LBS4 3051 GTS
ENGINE FORD CORTINA OM 15827
KM SHOWN 42380
HOMOLOGATIONS ASI GOLD PLATE
INTERIOR REAL LEATHER ,BEIGE
OUTSIDE BRITISH RACING GREEN
SOFT TOP BLACK
MECHANICALS VERY .....
Please visit our web site for more details and photos of this superb Seven Replica .
More details to follow please "call" 07799382289 (no emails please }.
Will be sold with my personal warranty and can be delivered to your door at reasonable rates
Fabulous '70s Lotus 7 Series IV for sale in classic '70s orange; lovely bodywork and excellent mechanics; maintained regularly by Lotus specialist; MOT'd until Jan 2020. Great fun - especially with the doors off!