1946 Chevy Series-CK ½-ton 3100 Pickup Truck = $24.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1946 Chevrolet Series-CK ½-ton 3100 Pickup Truck = US-specs.
Transmission: Four-speed Manual
1946 Chevrolet Series-CK ½-ton 3100 Pickup
•One of the “interim” trucks made before the official 1946 model year
•Four-speed manual transmission
•Red over black exterior with white bumpers and matching interior
•Oaken bed floor
- Unknown to many people, Chevrolet restarted its truck production line in 1944, creating an “interim” series of trucks between the final 1942 and the first 1946 models.
- WEe are pleased to present this 1946 “interim” or first series (CK) half-ton pickup truck that kicked off post war production for Chevy trucks.
- This particular truck was made right here locally at GM’s St. Louis, Missouri factory (VIN code 3) in December 1945 (VIN code L).
- Our Cars is pleased to offer this truck, a survivor vehicle that was treated to an older restoration.
- Dressed in red over black, the truck’s paint and trim are in excellent condition overall, its bodywork is solid, its white bumpers are in very good shape, it rides on a 115-inch wheelbase and the oaken cargo floor looks fantastic.
- Note there is only a driver’s side windshield wiper.
- This truck wears Pioneer King Premium Super High tires, size 6.70-15LT on all four wheels. The tires are mounted on black, vented wheels with chrome center caps. The tires are in very good order and the wheels are in good, original shape.
- Under the hood, a later-model 235 CID inline six-cylinder motor replaces the original 216-cube six and the 235 motor features an updated alternator. It’s buttoned to a four-on-the-floor manual transmission with a semi-floating rear axle.
- Inside, the truck sports a red and black interior.
-The black bench seat is in very good condition, as is the matching carpet. The headliner, three-spoke steering wheel and inner door liners are in good, original order.
- The red, metal instrument panel looks great and features a full array of gauges but the speedometer and amp gauge are inoperable.
- As many auto historians have documented, Americans were not very particular about new vehicles in the wake of World War II as they were eager to replace cars and trucks that were at least four years old by 1946. Chevrolet must have been just as eager to restart civilian production before the ink had time to dry on the treaties.
Competition to this Chevrolet 3100 in 1946 included Dodge’s WC ½-ton Pickup and Ford’s ½-ton Pickup.
Classic truck fans will kick themselves if they miss out on this opportunity to own an “interim” Chevy truck made just four months after V-J Day. Stop by and see more Classic Cars and see it for yourself, today!
This truck is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 18,700 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts