1962 Chevrolet Impala Golden Anniversary SS Two-door Hardtop
•Rare and special Chevrolet’s 50th Anniversary model
• One of only 324 Golden Anniversary Impalas produced in 1962
•Two owner Impala with 49,780 miles and believed to be actual by included service records
•Owned by a female school teacher in Kaysville Utah who bought the car new
•Original Utah license plate included that matches with original owner paperwork
•The teacher sold the car to a local collector in 2006 and he kept the Impala for 12 years
•Still included with Chevrolet 50th Anniversary genuine key chains
•Included with original owners guide and 1962 Chevrolet 50th anniversary catalogs
•“Convertible Roof” styling and debut year for front bucket seats
•Date code correct rebuilt 327 CID Turbo-Fire V-8 (#) making 250 horsepower with dual exhausts
•Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission
•Correct Anniversary Gold Metallic exterior (code 927) and yellow-gold vinyl interior (code 891)
•Super Sport package included front bucket seats with center console, passenger assist bar, special wheel covers, side molding inserts
By 1962, the Impala had firmly established itself at the top of Chevrolet’s full-size sedan line. MotoeXotica Classic Cars is pleased to present this Golden Gazelle, a 1962 Impala Super Sport Two-door Hardtop. Assembled in GM’s former factory here in St. Louis, Missouri, this is one of Chevrolet’s rarely seen 50th Anniversary models. This two owner Golden Impala was purchased new by a female school teacher in Kaysville, Utah and she owned the car until 2006 when she sold it to a local collector of our area. Her matching Utah license plate still comes with the car!
According to John Mahoney, the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America’s technical advisor for early 1960s full-size cars, only 324 Golden Anniversary Impalas were ever assembled. Using the 10 percent rule associated with vehicles of this era, perhaps 30 to 35 of these models still endure. This example still has it’s hard to find original and genuine Chevrolet 50th Anniversary gold key chains along with other 50th anniversary original marketing material.
- Dressed in brilliant and correct Anniversary Gold Metallic (code 927), the car’s paint and trim are in overall very good order. The windows are clear and intact while the car’s lights, including the signature three-to-a-side taillights are haze-free and look great.
- This is a Super Sport package Impala that is included with front bucket seats with center console, passenger assist bar, special wheel covers, side molding inserts.
The car’s bodywork is straight, the chrome bumpers are in very good order and fit tightly to the body, the engine bay is extremely tidy, the battery is in better-than-average shape and this car rolls on belted wide whitewall tires, size 215/75R14 at all four corners. Each tire surrounds a steel wheel topped by a factory SS wheel cover, which are still in very good condition. The tail light lenses are still the originals.
- Under the hood is a date code correct 327 CID Turbo-Fire V-8 engine (#) putting out 250 horsepower and breathing through dual exhausts.
- Backing up that engine is a two-speed Powerglide automatic transmission.
- This car was optioned to be a cruiser more than a racer but except for the Powerglide.
- Inside, the yellow-gold vinyl interior (code 891) complements the exterior color. This model foregoes the usual front bench seat in favor of wide buckets with a center storage console between them. These seats, and the rear bench, are in overall excellent condition, as is the tan carpet and light gold headliner with minor wear.
- While its horn is inoperable, the factory two-spoke Sport steering wheel looks great. The instrument panel with its passenger assist bar and center-mounted glove box is in very good shape. So, too, are the inner door panels. Completing the interior is a pushbutton AM radio.
- The 1962 model featured new “C” pillar styling for all models except the 4-door hardtop. Sport Coupe models now featured the “convertible roof” styling, shared with other GM “B” full-size hardtop coupes. This style proved popular. The “overhang” roof style of the sedans was replaced with a wider “C” pillar with wraparound rear window.
- Engine choices for 1962 included a 230 CID Turbo Thrift inline six-cylinder; 283 CID and 327 CID Turbo-Fire V-8s and a 409 CID Turbo Thrust V-8. Impalas again featured premium interior appointments, plusher seats could be done by the dealerships on customer request and more chrome trim outside, including a full-width aluminum-and-chrome panel to house the triple-unit taillight assembly. Super Sport (SS) models featured that panel in a special engine-turned aluminum, which was also used to fill the side moldings, making the SS more distinctive in appearance.
Other two-door hardtops in 1962 that competed against this Chevrolet included Dodge’s Dart 330, Ford’s Galaxie 500 Club Victoria, Plymouth’s Sport Fury Golden Commando and Pontiac’s Bonneville.
If you haven’t found a Golden Goose but are willing to check out a Golden Gazelle, stop by and see more Classic Cars today and examine this early 1960s full-size survivor before it winds up in someone else’s garage.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 49,778 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1967 Chevrolet Impala SS 2DR HT
..World Record Holder "AHRA"
..Set In Manhatton, KS USA 1970
..Record Was Never Broken
..Now The Class Has Been Discontinued
..So Car will remain Record Holder forever
..25,002 Original Actual Miles
..Original 327ci/275hp V8 Engine
..Engine is Now High Performance
1961 Chevrolet Impala 4DR Sedan
..Overall Condition Good
..Red & White Paint Original
..Red & White Interior Original
..6 Cylinder Engine
..Car Runs Great
..Asking $9,800 USD
..e-Mail or Call
..Call Rod: 001-712-767-2363 USA
1968 Chevrolet Impala Convertible
..Clean Red Interior
..One Older Amateur Repaint
..White Soft Top
..307 V8 Engine
..Overall Condition Fair to Good
..Good to Excellent
..Asking $15,800 USD
1962 Custom Chevy Impala
This is a 1962 Chevy Impala with custom paint Beige/Gamma Gold and custom Bone Ultra Leather Interior and is powered by a LS1 engine and a 4L60E automatic Transmission. This car features:
New American Autowire wiring throughout the car
THIS IS A REMARKABLY RESTORED 1958 CHEVROLET IMPALA for Sale for $79,000 USD. THIS IS A COMPLETE FRAME OFF RESTORATION WITH THE HIGHTEST QUALITY OF WORK AND DETAIL GOING INTO THE RESTORATION OF THIS CLASSIC AUTOMOBILE. THIS IMPALA CAME FACTORY WITH PAINT CODE OF 982 SILVER BLUE/ SNOWCREST WHITE AND .....
1962 Chevy Impala SS Convertible
Paint Code 923: Roman Red
Interior Code 879: Red
Engine: 327 S code
AM/FM/ CD player with 12 Disk CD changer
14" Wheels with Bias Ply tires
Matching Number 1963 Chevy Impala SS
Pain code 922T: Ember Red
Trim code 875: Red
Engine Matching number 327
Transmission Matching Number 4 Speed Manual Transmission
3Z code for Super Sport
AM/FM Cassette Player
225/45R17 Tires on Front
275/40R18 Tires .....