The Wildcat was a "USA" only product of the Moto Parilla factory made for the huge off-road and competition market there especially in the West and Mid-West states.
Designed with off-road in mind it had an immensely strong "full-loop" frame unlike the road bikes and was fitted with top class 35mm Ceriani GP front forks (with damping adjustment from the saddle).
and adjustable Ceriani rear shocks.
Completing the high specification was a 7 litre fuel tank , steering damper and steel based leather covered seat. The engine was at the time the most powerful 250cc single engine in production with 26 bhp claimed.
The Wildcat shared the same tune as the road-racing GS model with high compression piston, X1 cam (50/80/80/50 timing) and 28mm Dellorto carburettor and remote SS2 float bowl.
Most Wildcats were bought as pure off-roaders with no intention of conforming to any road legalities such as lighting. A small number were sold with an option "Enduro" kit. This provided lighting with a headlamp and mounting "ears" at the front and rear tail light and stop light switch.
An extra coil fitted in the CEV 6055 magneto provided"direct" lighting and power for the stop light.
This machine is equipped with the lighting kit and optional tacho.
The bike started life in the UK in a batch imported the UK concessionaire and possibly sold via Comerfords in London. They took about 30 machines in a deal done when the factory was effectively in receivership.....but no one outside the Parilla board knew this !
This lead to great difficulty in getting any spares for the Wildcats as they were unique models in the range sharing no cycle parts and only major engine components such as crankcases and barrels with other 250 models
Several of those bikes were used as parts "donors" being stripped as required to keep customer bikes going or repair them after crashes.
Some Wildcats were "scrambled" by famous names such as world champion Dave Bickers so one can imagine some damage was caused to race bikes .
This particular bike started out as a "New Old Stock" ie new and unused, engine, frame and swingarm unit which was bought from an enthusiast in Devon who had many years ago acquired several complete and incomplete Parilla models. Both engine and frame shared the same serial numbers so it was an obvious move to rebuild the bike to a high standard using the best original parts available.
It has been the subject of a thorough restoration mechanically and cosmetically. Externally it is as near 100% original as is possible.
Original fuel tank, forks, mudguards and other missing components were located or came from Mike McGarry's stock of NOS parts. Replica parts were not used other than the silencer to make it possible to use on the road.
The bike participated in the week log Colombres rally in the "Picos" northern Spain and never missed a beat.
Type 125as automoto was a french bicycle and motorcycle manufacturer founded in 1902, which joined with the peugeot group in 1930 and was fully absorbed by 1962. prior to world war ii automoto sourced.....