1968 VW T2 Earlybay Devon Campervan in Neptune Blu For Sale
For sale is our beautiful earlybay campervan, Hugo. We've owned him for a couple of years, but due to other commitments no longer have the time/money to use him as much as we'd like. He is tucked up in our garage, but that is no life for him! He should be out on the road, soaking up the sun and having awesome adventures.
Hugo is a one year only model, being the first bay after the iconic split screen. He has the signature early bay low lights, but also some extra '68 only features. This old boy is also tax & MOT exempt!!
*******Please note, the engine is not currently working. There is a chance it could be fixed, but it will most likely need replacing. See photo for damage of conrod sticking through casing.*******
His original wooden devon interior is intact and near perfect. We have carried out extensive renovations during the time we've owned him, the majority of which we have receipts for in his folder. We were also passed previous MOT certs and receipts for work carried out before us, all of which will be passed on.
Some of the things completed whilst with us:
- Bare metal respray (to original neptune blue)
- Welding of any rust patches/holes found (mostly around windows, wheel arches and back gutter/roof)
- Brakes refurbed
- All rubber seals replaced (windows, doors, pop-top)
- Glass replaced where damaged
- Full interior revamp - original devon furniture all present (including orange table) and in working order. New MadMatz flooring, grey felt doorcards, natural/neon striped seat covers (can be zipped off and washed), cab seat covers
- New original style headlining fitted
- Pop top skylight replaced
We have 2 boxes of spares including seals, glass, fuel filters, cambelt and other bits and bobs, that we will include. There is also the following we can chuck in:
- Original devon cooker
- Spare passenger door
- Original devon fridge cooler
- Original devon bunk beds
- Official Bus Eyes (as seen in photo)
Things to be considered:
- Engine not working
- Speedo needs fixing
- Horn temperamental
- Tailgate needs welding or replacing (currently watertight - just ugly!)
If you have any questions or want to come and see it, please message or call after 5pm on 07495 911 532.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts