1999 840ci Sport / 49k Miles / recent £5k BMW overhaul For Sale
I am selling my lovely 840ci sport, one of the last made.
I bought this car in August 2018 and had intended to keep her hence the amount of work that has been done. However, a change in work circumstances and a possible move abroad means I sadly have to let her go.
I am the 6th owner and the mileage is currently 49000. The car was under the same ownership from 2001 to 2012 and SORN'd for some of that time hence the low mileage. I cannot stress what lovely condition the car is in and I have spent a lot of money making sure she has been significantly improved.
The Individual Blue Velvet paintwork with Champagne Leather and piping is one of the best colour combinations set off with the 18 inch Alpina rims and 4x Goodyear tyres with 5mm plus tread
When I purchased the car, there were some faults the main one being the heater blew cold air on the right side which is a common issue due to heater flaps failing. She also needed a service so I booked her into Cooper BMW Reading in September 2018. She was there for 2 months whilst all the following work was completed:
- Inspection 2 service
- Brake fluid / coolant and oil changed
- New Fuel and Brake lines
- New tie rod ends and suspension bushes
- rocker cover gasket seals replaced
- In addition, the dashboard was stripped to find the heater box fault. New heater boxes are not available so I sourced a salvage part and BMW used that to repair the box in the car and make one good box and the heater now works perfectly. The air con was also regassed and is ice cool. BMW sent me pics of the work when the car was with them and I have the remains of the salvage heater box that might be useful for the future if someone wants it.
As you can gather, the labour and parts were not cheap and the final invoice was £5347
- In January 2019 she had a full paint correction and detailing including a refurb of the lovely Alpine wheels and the driver's seat leather and piping has also been refreshed. The colour is stunning
- There was some rust bubbling on the rear wheel arches and boot floor where the large washer bottle sits for the headlight wash so this was professionally repaired at a reputable bodyshop for £1200 and I have invoices and pictures for the work.
- Everything works and the OBC screen has not lost any pixels
- In addition to the usual luxuries, she also has a electric rear blind and cruise control along with the fabulous headlight washers which were revolutionary in the 90s for being recessed
- In addition, before my ownership, she had a custom made quad exhaust fitted in 2017 and various remedial suspension work with renowned Specialist Chris Burton. I also have some BMW invoices going back to 2011 for various services.
MOT due Aug 2019. 4 keys. HPI clear
She really is a beautiful example of one of the best cars BMW ever made and I doubt there is another one so extensively looked after. I am open to sensible offers. There maybe cheaper cars available but none so sorted and low mileage. More photos and videos available
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts