1973 MG MGB GT, chrome, overdrive, lots of spares For Sale
1973 MG MGB GT
With a heavy heart, I am selling my 1973 MG B GT, "Maggie". I've owned the car for just over two years, having bought from a gentleman who owned her for over twenty years.
Viewings recommended, contact me to arrange.
- Red MG MGB GT
- Only 4 previous owners (including myself)
- First registered March 1973 (Built at the end of 1972)
- 107,000 genuine miles
- 1.8L Straight 4 BMC B-Series engine
- 4-speed + overdrive on 3rd and 4th gears
- Chrome Bumpers
- Chrome Rostyle Wheels (very hard to find!)
- Leyland ST style front spoiler
- Webasto vinyl sunroof
- Spare wheel under boot floor
- 'Historic Vehicle' tax class (Zero tax to pay)
- MOT exempt
In her history, she's had some modifications to bring her up to some modern conveniences, including:
- Chrome Motolita steering wheel
- Electronic Ignition (with 'hybrid' distribution, you can switch between electronic and mechanical points)
- Body respray to Porsche 'Guards Red'
- Rebuilt original twin-SU carburettors with uprated K&N air filters
- Aluminium rocker cover
- Stainless steel exhaust
- Conversion to 1x 12v battery
- Quartz halogen headlight upgrade
- Waxoyl underseal
- Retractable seatbelts for the front seats
- Kenlowe electric radiator fan
- Full engine rebuild in July 1994, including:
- an uprated Kent 714 camshaft
- lead-free Stage 2 cylinder head
More recently during my ownage of her, she's also received:
- New clutch (plate, cover and release bearing) (Oct 2018)
- New front brakes (discs, pads and calipers) (2017)
- New front bumper (2017)
- New alternator (Feb 2019)
- New fan belt
- Two oil changes (one yearly)
- New spark plugs
- New HT leads
- Vintage-style black/chrome number plates
I'm selling her as my circumstances have changed and need something more suitable. She's been my only car for two years, and I've driven her nearly every weekend, all year round. In the interior, she's very clean and tidy, no issues. On the exterior, the repaint seems a bit thin and is starting to wear down in some places with a little bit of surface bubbling (but doesn't seem to be getting bigger). Minor rust spots in the usual places. Mechanically she's very sound, starts reliably, MOTs have passed first time every year since at least 2013, and I have MOT certificates dating back to 1988, along with lots of other documentation, receipts and work invoices collected over the years.
Included in the sale are lots of spares and original fittings, as seen in the photos, including:
- Travel toolkit
- Original front chrome bumper
- Original steering wheel
- Original centre console trim panel
- Original fixed seat belts
- Original air filter casings plus spare filters
- Spare spark plugs
- Various new carburettor gaskets
- Spare fuel pumps (unknown condition, seems clean)
- Spare wiper blade
- Period French headlight filters
- Spare distributor cap
- New unused oil filter
- Box of assorted cables, switches, gauges, lights, fittings, etc
- Original number plates (modern white/yellow style)
- Original rocker cover
- Spare Porsche 'Guards Red' paint
- Various consumables (Grease, brake/clutch fluid, engine oil, air filter oil)
- Grease gun
- Spare trim pieces (door handles, air vent, etc)
- Spare fan belt
- Air flow meter (useful for tweaking carburettors)
She's the perfect car for somebody looking to get started with classic motoring, or someone looking for an easy running project. As I mentioned, I've used her practically every weekend, summer and winter, rain and shine.
If you want any more information or pictures or to arrange a viewing, please contact me.
MGB GT 3.5 V8 with new 5 speed gearbox. Fully prepared to individual specification using an original refurbished bodyshell, completely rebuilt 3.5 V8 engine along with a new 5 speed gearbox and fitted with uprated brakes and new Bilstein front suspension and uprated back axle. Exterior colour and interior .....
Fully rebuilt MGB GT using a new Heritage bodyshell and prepared to your specification, you can choose the exterior colour along with interior trim colour and personlise the MG to your taste, fully rebuilt unleaded engine and overdrive gearbox, rebuilt brakes with new callipers, discs and pads and new .....
We are always looking for nice clean MG stock, Midgets, BGTs, Roadsters, MG 1100s, Magnettes, MGA's etc
Instant decisions with prompt payment and same day payment either by bank transfer or cash.
Please call Rob on 07717333555
Please visit our web-site for full details of this and many other selected sixties/seventies classic cars .
All sold with my personal recommendation based on 45 years experience in this specialist classic car market, backed my my personal written warranty
Full restoration required for this early and quite rare MK1 GT. Castle sections and sills are good, comes with original aluminium bonnet and interior, non overdrive gearbox.
Will be a valuable asset to anybody's collection!
MGBGT V8 Recreation built into a 5 year old Heritage Bodyshell.
This car is in build now and will be completed by the summer. Lots of new parts already fitted.
New front brake calipers, new grooved cross drilled brake disc's, new back plates, and new steering rack,
Costello uprights and top arms .....
This is a very attractive MGB GT that we have known for some years and indeed carried out the restoration work on it a few years ago.. This example began its life as a UK car leaving the MG factory in late 1973 as a black bumper model . The car was subjected to a major restoration 5 years ago with extensive .....
1967 MG MGB GT
Nice MG MGB GT in decidable color combination. The more practical MGB designed by the famous Italian design firm and coachbuilder Pininfarina better known for the design of memorable Ferrari’s and other exotic cars.
Engine: 1.8 liter, B-Series .....
Mileage: 1.000 Km
This MGB GT is a chance you cannot lose: last owner has preserved it for more than 33 years. Recently, the car has passed a complete check, where it has been restored and refurbished with plenty of new pieces, like headlights, pilots, chromed .....