Galvanised chassis and bulkhead with receipts totalling over £8000.
The basis for the build was a low mileage ex-Navy 90 soft -top which was mechanically excellent but with a rotten chassis. It retains its original N/A diesel engine which runs perfectly and was showing c.40,000 miles when purchased. A new speedo head was fitted at 43129 during the build so the current mileage of 41686 shows the miles driven since completion. Mechanically, there is nothing to suggest that the original mileage was anything but genuine. As with most ex-military Land Rovers, engines and gearboxes are rarely original to the vehicle but being ex-Navy, and as the engine has not been sprayed eggshell blue, we think this was likely to be all original.
This has been a daily driver since the rebuild and hasn’t missed a beat since. Selling only due to a recent injury which means an automatic vehicle now needed.
The list of new parts is long and there is too much to list in detail but a summary of work carried out is below;
· The original axles were cleaned and painted with chassis black with new seals where necessary. All bushes were replaced along with new springs and shocks. Brakes were rebuilt with new hoses, master cylinder, cupronickel brake pipes, rear shoes and all calliper pistons were replaced with stainless steel and new seals.
· The engine was cleaned and checked but required no work other than a new cambelt, tensioner, reconditioned starter and thorough service. While out of the chassis we fitted power steering with a new pump and hoses. It was refitted with a stainless steel exhaust, new radiator and electric fan.
· The gearbox was cleaned and the clutch checked but was found to be original and hardly worn.
· The body was built up with the original tub and a period correct ribbed hardtop. Both front doors and the rear door were new, galvanised, by Ashtree and built up with new weather seals. The refurbished bulkhead was also galvanised from Ashtree, and door hinges were new TD5 spec.
· The heater matrix is a new high output aluminium one which very quickly and efficient heats up the interior compared to the original.
· All lights were replaced with new as was the grille, front bumper and rear towhitch.
· New wolf steel rims and 235/85 Enduro AT’s were fitted in March 2017 and still have excellent tread
The body was finished in Bronze Green but the finish is functional as it was not a professional respray. This was not a concours rebuild but built to last and to be used. Every receipt from the build has been retained to catalogue the rebuild.
We are delighted to be able to offer for sale this incredibly rare Canadian Specification Land Rover 90 Soft Top 1994 Model. It is finished in Portofino Red, which was one of the five colours offered on this model at the time of its launch. It was ordered from the then Land Rover dealer in Vancouver, .....
Get ready to make the most of the 'strong' US Dollar.
A fully restored, top body off restoration.
All windows out
All doors off, bonnet, grill all new.
All new door seals, new window seals, new door handles and lock sets.
Reupholstered seats and new Land Rover carpet, complete with a Heritage certificate.
1989 / 2495 cc / LHD / White with grey interior / Manual 5 speed / 193000 km's / Car currently has 200TDi 11L engine but can be replaced for the original TD 19J type at no extra cost to support number alignment and paperwork for USA imports, or left as is. / Virtually zero use since rebuild in 2017 .....
LAND ROVER 90 PROJECT 140,000km (ORIGINAL) LEFT HAND DRIVE UK REGISTERED
chassis number to confirm all numbers are intact including build numbers full v5 in my name . Original 2.5n/a engine lt77 gear box , I have owned for 6 years has been dry stored since , i collected from south of Spain .....
THIS HAS BEEN MOVED TO ABERDEEN TO MY PARENTS HOUSE, NOT IN LOCHGILPHEAD ANYMORE.
Completely rebuilt Land Rover 90 Defender from the chassis up.
Reluctantly selling my pride and joy, has to be seen to be appreciated considering its age.
Thousands spent to make this car so unique, a great purchase .....
This is a true and honest solid example with the ultra desirable 2.5 petrol engine... the best and rarest engine fitted to these incredible vehicles.
This 31 year old Defender has covered just 83,000 miles from new and boasts a file full of history totalling several thousands of pounds spent on its .....
motodrome are pleased to offer this rather original 1986 Land Rover 90 2.5 petrol County Station Wagon 7 seater, finished in red with white roof and contrasting cloth trim.
The county is the sought after ‘luxury’ version of the venerable Land Rover – a somewhat more civilised interior .....
Landrover 90 for sale 1987 2.2 Diesel .well maintained and really tidy 90 chassis solid and has been undersealed bulkhead exellant condition . Runs superb all gears really smooth has 5 spread gearbox power steering so is a pleasure to drive , just had a new turbo and manifold . Had a replacement engine .....
Land Rover 90 GS 200Tdi Soft Top
1987 | E Registered | 2.5l 4cyl Turbo Diesel | 5-Speed Manual | NATO Green | Canvas Soft Top | Rear Bench Seats | Roll Cage
SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE PHOTOS!
1987 Military GS model, fitted with a full length canvas hood and Safety .....
one of the best yet Very cheap Landrover 90
Massive Price reduced - must sell
84/B A Classic Land Rover 90 County, Station Wagon, with 7 seats 2.8 Isuzu Turbo Diesel
Starts and drives on the first turn of the key, previously restored with good engine,excellent solid chassis, straight body,All .....