The car looks standard from the outside, but under the bonnet there is a modified E30 325i straight-6 engine producing around 200bhp, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, up-rated suspension and brakes.
The car has been in my ownership for 11 years and is in fantastic condition, having covered only 8500 miles since a full nut and bolt restoration completed in 2014.
• Rust-free shell as a result of repairs to the usual places (rear subframe mounts, sills, rear arches etc). Photos available on request. Genuine repair panels used throughout.
• Professionally repainted in Bristol Grey (2-pack). Epoxy under-seal, and cavity-wax applied
• All rubber body seals replaced. Complete new belt line trim (£££); all other bright work in good condition.
• Professionally built BMW E30 325i 6-cylinder engine, with a 5 series ‘eta’ crank to give a 2.7 ‘stroker’.
• Rebored block, reground crank. New piston rings, bearing shells and oil pump. Full gasket set.
• Professionally remapped ECU with vernier cam.
• Custom exhaust
• Black leather E24 Recaro seats, in great condition. Black door cards.
• E21 ‘turbo’ steering wheel.
• New carpet set.
Suspension and brakes:
• Coilovers front and rear.
• Rear strut brace (with battery mount)
• Uprated front anti roll bar; front camber plates
• Strengthened rear trailing arms; all new suspension bushes
• All-new brake system components; braided hoses; brake servo delete.
Tax exempt. All modifications are listed on the V5 and she costs me £150 to insure. 12 months MOT (14/05/2020)
The powerful, torquey engine and low weight (just over 1000kg) means the car is great fun to drive, and she gets a lot of attention. The car is used regularly in the dry for commuting, and for the occasional long distance trip. Modern fuel injection engine returns 30mpg, starts on the button, and is 100% reliable.
I miss not having a ‘project’ and after 11 years of ownership have decided to sell to make way for something else. The car comes with an extensive restoration & history file, including £14k of receipts just for parts during my ownership. The car was originally a very early (VIN # details below) chamonix white tii. Included in the sale is the original, ‘matching numbers’ 4 cylinder M10 block, should the new owner wish to convert back to standard tii spec in the future.
Price of the car in Euros is: €14900,-
The listed price has been converted to Pounds, please check the current exchange rate.
We buy and sell collector cars since the early eighties and stock over 400 classic and sports cars.
You can view our current inventory at www.hofman.nl, here you .....
BMW 2002 TOURING with automatic transmission from 1972 of the 2nd Swedish owner in a SUPER nice and original condition and still partially in the 1st paint, really unique in this shape. Of course with all original booklets, the servicebooks included.
For sale a replica of a BMW 2002 tii Schnitzer. The car is an original 2002 of 1972.
I can send detailed pictures by request.
This car is located in Portugal, near Oporto Airport. You can get a low cost flight. I will pick you at the Airport to check the car.
I can help with transport.
BMW 02 Schnitzer Formula 2 engine, 4 valve, Group 5,
Racemagazine Report 1978.
Willi Hatje is part if the race devision.
In the blueyellow painted furniture truck are driving three people with little
eyes, in the loading room a monster of BMW 2002 towed and a big spoiler identifies the BMW .....
BMW 2002 Alpina replica (11/1975)
Now for sale this excellent recreation. Just came out from a nut and bolt restoration.
Rust free and fully seam welded body-shell with the correct wide body kit fitted. Fully revised 2 liter tuned engine.
Dual DCOE Weber and Alquatti cams, forget pistons and balanced .....
Very cool BMW 2002! Comes in a healthy condition and been restored in the past. The powerful engine runs very well and the car drives and handles like it should. Interior and body both well looked after and a pleasure for the eye.
Price of the car is €19900,-
Please find more pictures at our .....
CHAMONIX WHITE WITH BLACK LEATHERETTE INTERIOR
Even by the high standards that Hexagon Classics have set, have we have never seen such an original example of the BMW 2002 Turbo, one of the true landmark heroes in the automobile world. Hexagon of Highgate sold these .....
This 1976 BMW 2002 comes in light blue with a navy blue interior. It is equipped with a manual transmission, dual headrests and manual windows. It possesses lots of potential and Co uld use some light cosmetics. This is an excellent original California car which has very recently come out of storage. .....