The car looks standard from the outside, but under the bonnet there is a modified E30 325i straight-6 engine producing around 200bhp, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, up-rated suspension and brakes.
The car has been in my ownership for 11 years and is in fantastic condition, having covered only 8500 miles since a full nut and bolt restoration completed in 2014.
• Rust-free shell as a result of repairs to the usual places (rear subframe mounts, sills, rear arches etc). Photos available on request. Genuine repair panels used throughout.
• Professionally repainted in Bristol Grey (2-pack). Epoxy under-seal, and cavity-wax applied
• All rubber body seals replaced. Complete new belt line trim (£££); all other bright work in good condition.
• Professionally built BMW E30 325i 6-cylinder engine, with a 5 series ‘eta’ crank to give a 2.7 ‘stroker’.
• Rebored block, reground crank. New piston rings, bearing shells and oil pump. Full gasket set.
• Professionally remapped ECU with vernier cam.
• Custom exhaust
• Black leather E24 Recaro seats, in great condition. Black door cards.
• E21 ‘turbo’ steering wheel.
• New carpet set.
Suspension and brakes:
• Coilovers front and rear.
• Rear strut brace (with battery mount)
• Uprated front anti roll bar; front camber plates
• Strengthened rear trailing arms; all new suspension bushes
• All-new brake system components; braided hoses; brake servo delete.
Tax exempt. All modifications are listed on the V5 and she costs me £150 to insure. 12 months MOT (14/05/2020)
The powerful, torquey engine and low weight (just over 1000kg) means the car is great fun to drive, and she gets a lot of attention. The car is used regularly in the dry for commuting, and for the occasional long distance trip. Modern fuel injection engine returns 30mpg, starts on the button, and is 100% reliable.
I miss not having a ‘project’ and after 11 years of ownership have decided to sell to make way for something else. The car comes with an extensive restoration & history file, including £14k of receipts just for parts during my ownership. The car was originally a very early (VIN # 2750462) chamonix white tii. Included in the sale is the original, ‘matching numbers’ 4 cylinder M10 block, should the new owner wish to convert back to standard tii spec in the future.
This is a 1971 BMW 2002 with 52,851 original kms. It was manufactured during March of 1971 and delivered to Switzerland where it spent most of it's life. A numbers matching body, engine and transmission.....