Ford Capri MkII Ghia – Fully Restored/Show Car For Sale
Ford Capri MkII Ghia – Fully Restored/Show Car
The Capri was unveiled in January 1969 at the Brussels Motor Show, with sales starting the following month. The intention was to reproduce in Europe the success Ford had had with the North American Ford Mustang. The European ‘pony’ car was well received by the press and an instant success with the public - a love affair that stills exists today.
Milestones are delighted to market a rare Capri Mk II Ghia manual (most Ghia’s were auto-boxes) finished in iconic Ford Diamond White with black vinyl roof that is in stunning condition – the pictures speak for themselves.
The Capri was purchased by the second owner in 1976 (invoice in history file) when she was just one year old and he owned her for the next 37 years. In 2013 the Capri was liberated from storage and a four year restoration commenced – a complete strip down and rebuild – by the third owner.
Summary of Work:
· Car stripped, glass out and any corrosion found removed
· Professional respray to original colour specification
· Body colour underneath
· Replacement original interior sourced/fitted
· NOS Sport front lower spoiler
· New gas adjustable shock absorbers & uprated springs
· NOS 4-Branch sports exhaust manifold
· New copper brake pipes, rear brakes, shoes, wheel cylinders, cables etc.
· Front brakes upgraded to 2.8i spec – crossed drilled/vented discs
· Restored wheels and new tyres
· New rubbers (door/boots/windows) & window chrome
· Engine rebuild – head converted to unleaded fuel, NOS pistons/valves/bearings
· New vinyl roof, sun roof rubbers & drain-ways
· Refurbished radiator/water pump/pulleys/thermostat/heater matrix/hoses/clips
· New wish bones, lower arms & bushes
The history folder includes a photograph album recording restoration, summary of owners (just four since 1977) Bill of Sale from 1976, MOT’s and lots of invoices
Today the Capri Ghia is one of the sharpest that you could wish to find and a real testament to the knowledge, skill and commitment of the restorer. Ready to show or simply drive and enjoy we expect this stunning car to find an appreciative new owner very quickly.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts