Formerly suppliers of proprietary engines, the Stevens brothers of Wolverhampton diversified into manufacturing complete motorcycles, setting up A J Stevens & Co in 1909. Endowed with an effortlessly flexible motor and built to A J Stevens' traditionally high standards, the firm's long-running V-twin was one of the most effective and popular sidecar tugs of its day. First seen in 631cc form in 1912, the V-twin remained a fixture of the AJS range into the early 1930s, latterly with a 998cc engine. In 1924 AJS catalogued the models B/B1/B5 with 349cc side valve, B3 349cc overhead valve, B4 competition 349cc overhead valve and the flag ship model D with 799cc V-twin side valve.
This comfortable 1924 AJS combination is fitted with a Amac carburetor, Smiths speedo, Thompson Bennet magneto and a spare wheel on the sidecar. This 800cc V-twin bears a lot of patina and is lovely running condition.
Our reference currency is Eur please check the current GBP exchange rate!
Visit our website - details above