I have just completed a full restoration on this 1999 Caterham VX Classic. It has the rare 1.8 Vauxhall engine mated to a Ford Type 9, 5 speed box. I bought the car with some chassis damage, so the bare chassis went back to Arch Motors for a new ‘long front’ and re-jigging, followed by shot blasting and re-powder coating. With new body panels, all new suspension components and a fresh paint job this is an ‘as new’ rebuild. I have a full photographic record with all receipts for work done and components used. Below is a short summary, however there were many more new components used and many hours of research to track down the correct parts! The car has just had its new MOT post build and is ready to be used on road or track. Please contact me for more details. Car is available to view near Burton on Trent, Staffs.
• Caterham Vauxhall 1.8 8V Classic
• Series 3 Chassis, long cockpit
• Lamborghini Orange – freshly painted.
• 50 Miles since full restoration
• First Registered 01/04/1999
• Full 12 months MOT
• Chassis No SDKRLSRXCW0030588
Engine and Gearbox:
• 1.8 8V Vauxhall OHC 125bhp, rebuilt, new rings, bearings, seals etc.
• New Radtec Aluminium radiator and all new hoses.
• 5 Speed Manual - Ford Type 9, fully reconditioned
• All new aluminium body panels.
• New rear wings and carbon front cycle wings.
• Re-painted in 3 stage pearl Burnt Orange (Lamborghini colour)
• Black Decals
• All Black Trim
• Clear Front Lenses
• Orange Painted 7 Grille
• Track Day Roll Bar
• Heated Windscreen
• Composite Drivers Seat with Leather insert pad, on adjustable runners.
• Passenger Seat original Black Leather adjustable.
• New interior kick panels
• MOMO Quick Release Steering Wheel
• Stack ST500 programmable Tacho with speed sensor.
• 4 Point Harnesses
• Alloy Gear Knob
• Start Button (No ignition key)
Suspension & Brakes:
• All new suspension arms, anti-roll bar, bushes etc
• Quaife LSD
• Protech 400 Series adjustable dampers at front
• Original Bilstein coil-overs at rear
• Uprated Brakes – Hi-Spec 4 pot front calipers
This is a great example of the classic Caterham 7, in polished aluminium with metallic black wings and nose cone.
• Super Sprint Cross flow engine fitted with twin Webers and K&N air filters. Coupled.....
Caterham Super 7 1600 40th Anniversary Model 5 Speed De Dion All new Factory supplied.**SOLD DEPOSIT TAKEN**
One of 67 cars made.
Definitely rare and desirable in this condition.