Stunning 1960 Lancia Appia Cabriolet by Vignale For Sale
1960 Lancia Appia Cabriolet by Vignale
A highly desirable Vignale bodied Cabriolet
Owned by its original owner for 52 years
Recipient of a recent ground-up restoration
53 bhp, 1,089 cc OHV V-4 engine, four-speed synchronised manual transmission, independent front suspension, and front disc and rear drum brakes. Wheelbase: 2,510 mm
The Appia arrived in 1953 and was the last new Lancia to use the automaker's innovative sliding pillar front suspension design. This robust but effective setup gave the Appia sportier handling than their handsome but sedate four-door styling might have suggested. It wasn't until the Vignale designed and hand-built cabriolet range was introduced in 1957 that the little car truly lived up to the Lancia badge. The Giovanni Michelotti designed Cabriolet was based on the second series Appia platform, and it was the first to be offered as a two-seater, before it was reconfigured into a neat 2+2. A small number of coupes were also built.
This particular Appia Cabriolet has been finished in Old English white paint over new tan leather, new carpets to the interior and boot area, along with a new Black Mohair hooding, it is one of less than 1,600 such cabriolets to have been built. It was under the care of one family from 1960 through to 2012, and then it was acquired by its second owner, who subjected it to a thorough restoration that was designed with regular driving use in mind.
Gleaming chrome trim and attractive wire knock-off wheels set the car apart from other examples of this rare breed of Italian cabriolet. This Appia shows virtually no wear, and it is a splendid and eminently drivable example of one of the most attractive convertibles to ever bear the Lancia name.
Targhe nere e documenti di prima immatricolazione. Conservata in ogni dettaglio è stata negli anni sempre ben mantenuta.
Purtroppo radiata d'ufficio ma di facile re immissione.....
This splendid car designed by Vignale diversify itself from the previous two series due to more powerful engine of 54 hp and two rear seats added.
Produced from 1959 to 1963.