1971 Volkswagen Type 3 SquareBACK = Fun Surf Dude ! $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...
1971 Volkswagen Type 3 SquareBACK = US-specs...Surf is up..!
Make an Offer please in USD dollars....POR...
Model: Type 3 Squareback
Transmission: Four-speed Manual
Miles: details below Volkswagen Type 3 Squareback
•1.6L flat, air-cooled four-cylinder engine with factory fuel injection and new electronics
•Type 3 was the world’s first volume production car to feature fuel injection
•Four-speed manual transmission
•New, factory correct Shantung Gold (code L12D) paint with black interior and new carpet and original interior paint
•Factory disc brakes
•Vintage Thule roof rack and Dana surfboard
•Custom stereo speaker under dash
Volkswagen fans who wanted more space than the Beetle offered but did not require the cavernous room of the Transporter chose one of the three Type 3 models, the Fastback, the Notchback (sedan) or the Squareback (wagon).
- Classic Cars is pleased to present this 1971 Squareback, finished in new and factory correct Shantung Gold (code L12D). It was made in September 1970 at VW’s Wolfsburg, West Germany factory.
- The paint and trim are in overall very good order. The headlights and windshield all have visors plus a vintage Thule roof rack and a Dana surfboard. The rear window is complete with a defroster grid.
- The wagon’s bodywork is straight and solid; the body has been lowered as well.
- The chrome bumpers with bumper guards are in very good condition. A pair of foglights perch above the front bumper.
This Squareback rolls on Federal radials, size 165/60R15 at each corner.
- Each one is mounted on body-colored, slotted wheels with chrome center caps.
-The tires are in good, original condition while the wheels are in very good order.
- In back, under the cargo floor is a 1.6L flat, air-cooled four-cylinder engine with factory fuel injection and new electronics. The motor is linked a four-speed manual transmission. This VW also has factory front disc brakes. The Type 3 was the first Volkswagen front suspension to incorporate transverse round torsion bars.
- Inside, the high-back, black vinyl seats are in very good order, its matching carpet is new, while the headliner is in good, original order. The two-spoke steering wheel, instrument panel and inner door liners area all in good, original order. A Pioneer AM/FM stereo with CD player and a custom speaker under the dash rounds out the interior.
The Volkswagen Type 3 is a compact car that was manufactured and marketed by Volkswagen from 1961 to 1973. Introduced at the 1961 Frankfurt Motor Show, Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA), the Type 3 was marketed as the Volkswagen 1500 and later as the Volkswagen 1600, in three body styles: two-door Notchback, Fastback and Squareback, the latter marketed as the ‘Variant’ in most markets and ‘Squareback’ in the United States.
The Type 3 diversified Volkswagen’s product range beyond the existing models – the Type 1 Beetle, Type 14 Karmann Ghia, Type 2 (Bus) – while retaining several of the Beetle’s key engineering principles, notably the air-cooled rear-engine, rear-wheel drive layout and all-round torsion bar suspension on the same 94.5-inch wheelbase. The concept of the type 3 was to let it be more of a family car than the Beetle, offering more passenger and luggage space and a larger engine.
- The model received a facelift in 1970, when a 4.5-inch nose-lengthening, added 1.5 cubic feet to the luggage capacity. At the same time, it got new big square-section bumpers and much larger tail lamps and front indicators.
Wagon competition to this VW in 1971 included Chevrolet’s Vega Kambako, Datsun’s 1200, Dodge’s Colt, Ford’s Pinto and Toyota’s Corolla.
- This Squareback is dressed for the beach and ready to help its driver catch some tasty waves.
- If you’re interested in classic Volkswagens or if you have a thing for wagons or estates, this Squareback would make an eclectic addition to anyone’s collection. Stop by today to check it out for yourself!
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 497 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
the details below If you have questions please email us below...
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....mtx
1.584 CC, 54 HP, 4 SPEEDS, 4 CYLINDERS, MOTOR BOXER, AIR COOLING, BODY SEDAN 2 DOORS, RED GRANADA COLOUR, FRONT DISC BRAKES, BEIGE LEATHER UPHOLSTERY, 5 SEATER, VERY GOOD CONDITION, CORRECT OPERATION, DOCUMENTATION and ITV UPDATED. MORE INFORMATION: http://www.antequeraclassic.com/catalogo/vw-1600-type3-sedan.....
THIS A GENUINE 3 OWNER (1969) VOLKSWAGEN TYPE 3 1600 SQUAREBACK 2DR ESTATE LHD 4 SPEED MANUAL FINISHED IN A RETRO MINT GREEN WITH ORIGINAL BLACK VINYL INTERIOR! THE PERFECT SOLID 97% RUST FREE RESTORATION/CUSTOM PROJECT! ONE OF THE CLEANEST BODIES WE HAVE SEEN ON ONE OF THESE TO RESTORE! DRY STATE CAR .....
This 1967 vw fastback has been imported from the sunny climes of south Africa. This is a very good example of VW's iconic type 3 1600tl in right hand drive.Car is in all round good condition with minimal rust,smallsection under drivers seat and bottom of battery box.engine gearbox and running gear plus .....
Just in!....more details will follow.
This is a simply gorgeous example of the rare and beautiful VW Type 3 saloon (affectionately known as the Notchback)
This is 1500 S model (not a version available in the UK in this model year)
The 'S' is a quick car!..twin carbs as standard and therefore .....
Vw Type 3 squareback for restoration. Removed from an actual barn in 2018 after over 20 years in storage, this car is an ideal candidate for a rat look project. Floors pans , Cills, doors , bonnet , boot lid etc are all very solid and car is very complete , crusty in places. Interior is very nice but .....
SINGLE-OWNERLAST PRICEPOSSIBLE NATIONAL AND FOREIGN SHIPMENTSNO PRESS - NO EXCHANGESCONDITIONS: STORED NEVER RESTORED - VEHICLE VIDEO ON AVAILABLEREGULAR ORDINARY MAINTENANCE - EFFICIENT MOTOR - 12 volt system ** Original 6 volt system availableWe offer an unobtainable VW 'Type 3 - Mod 311', in the .....
This is a car that has recently been recovered from a museum collection where the car had been stored for over 20 years.
ClassicVW in Guildford have carried out a full mechanical overhaul to achieve a new MOT and British registered V5.
The car is now ready to go to a new owner who will take her to .....
Yes, definitely a Volkswagen, type 1 is the Beetle lots of these, type 2 is the bus lots of these too. this is called the type 3 the rarest of all but this particular unit is called the Square back even more special as it is the rarest of the type 3 and I would say the rarest of the all VW line. This .....