Coys At Chiswick House 2019
Lot Number 240
Chassis Number B116ZY
Announced in May 1946, the Bentley Mark VI featured a strong channel section chassis with independent wishbone/coil spring front suspension and a live, leaf-sprung rear axle. Drum brakes were fitted all-round, with Rolls-Royce's mechanical servo assistance, the front ones for the first time on a Bentley operated hydraulically. Power was provided by the pre-war B60 4,257cc six cylinder engine – with overhead inlet/side exhaust valves and belt rather than gear-driven dynamo and water pump, both major changes from previous Rolls-Royce practice – sufficient to propel the Bentley, via twin SU carburettors, to 90mph. The only major mechanical change came in May 1951 when engine capacity was increased to 4,566cc together with a change from a by-pass oil filter system to one-using a full-flow layout. The Mark VI was joined by the R-Type with production commencing in 1952. The factory saloon coachwork was indistinguishable from that of the Bentley Mark VI up to the rear doors, but with the back featuring a one-piece boot lid and a more spacious luggage compartment. In total, 5,201 Bentley Mark VIs were produced, 4,000 with the 4.1 litre engine, and 2,320 R-Types. Production ceased in 1955. Again, in great condition, this beautiful R-Type comes in an extremely desirable colour combination and is one not to be missed. We are advised that it drives, operating as it should and effortlessly rolls down the road. A well sorted Bentley and very attractively estimated. View 1955 Bentley R-Type For Sale on Coys.co.uk for further details.
This Bentley R-Type #B91YA has originally been converted by Radford into a Countryman “Estate car”. This very sought after body to the Mk IV Radford design, was provided with a folding rear seat to make a bed and a two-part “clam-shell” hinged tail gate (a revolutionary feature). Only 11 R-Types .....
Bentley Motors made a complete departure from their former policy by announcing in 1946 an entirely new model which was factory built throughout. The Bentley Mk VI fitted with their design of standard all steel bodywork was built at Crewe and began life with a 4.25 litre engine. It was later up-rated .....
The 1953 R Type Bentley – sister to the Rolls Royce Silver Dawn.
The R Type is the second series of post war Bentley automobiles, replacing the mark VI. Essentially a larger-boot version of the Mk VI, the R type is regarded by some as a stop-gap before the introduction of the S series cars in 1955. .....
Finished in Original Black with Beige Hide Interior.
This wonderful and most iconic motor vehicle was built and completed on the 13th November 1952. She was then despatched to the main selling agent " Garage de l'Athenee" of Switzerland and arrived there on the 17th February 1953. The car comes .....
1953 Bentley R Type
Chassis number B90TN
Registration number: 744UYG
A very original & low mileage Bentley R Type. The car came out of an Irish estate where it had resided for many years & was put into a private collection of mostly Bentley Motorcars where it has been used sparingly but .....
1953 Bentley R Type Lightweight Saloon by H.J Mulliner finished in Shell over Tudor grey with Grey hide interior piped Red. These all-aluminium lightweight sports saloons were build by H.J. Mulliner to be a faster, more exclusive, driver focused Bentley. At a two thousand pounds premium over the standard .....
This is a fine example of the much loved Standard Steel Saloon.
In Automatic with a full bench front seat and large single Picnic table to the rear.
Finished in Masons Black with claret side panels and Red Leather interior.
This car percents very well and drives beautifully.