Coys At Chiswick House 2019
Lot Number 245
Chassis Number 650002755
Model 100 P4
The Rover 90 and Rover 105 were replaced by the more powerful 100 announced on 24 October 1959. Its new but similar 2.6 litres (160 cu in) IOE straight-6 engine was a short-stroke version of the P5 3-Litre unit. The 100 could reach 100 mph (161 km/h). The interior was luxurious, with wood and leather accents on traditional English car elements like a curved "Shepherds Crook" handbrake lever. A bench front seat or individual front seats could be ordered. A heater was a standard fitting. Like the smaller 80 version, the 100 was fitted with servo-assisted Girling disc brakes at the front, keeping drum brakes at the rear. Overdrive, on top gear only, was a standard fitting. Rovers P4 designation was factory terminology for this group of cars and was not in day-to-day use by ordinary owners who would have used the appropriate consumer designations for their models such as Rover 90 or Rover 100, meaning that if one owned a the newer, more refined bigger engine Rover 100, argued to be the best of the range, you would have looked very clever indeed. This particular car, with just 73,000 miles recorded, has been kept in rather original and good overall condition all-round. Again included in its history file are a previous copy of a registration document and bill of sale. View 1960 Rover 100 P4 For Sale on Coys.co.uk for further details.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts