1980 MK1 Ford Fiesta 1.1L, 43K, currently no MOT (expired March 2019) but passed previous with no advisories & only covered less than 60 miles since last MOT as been in dry storage, would be more than happy to re-MOT if suitable sale price agreed & a deposit having been left. Car will be Tax & MOT exempt from next year, Low ownership, finished in stunning Cosmos Blue, undoubtedly the best MK1 Fiesta colour, Ziebart rust proofed from new, never welded anywhere & none required anywhere in the future, the MOT inspector was amazed at the condition, all original panels with exception of drivers side front wing & has had some bodywork + paint as expected throughout its life, some of the paintwork has been carried out to a high standard but there are a few bits which could be improved if desired. Everything works as it should & it is virtually ready to be used, enjoyed & taken to this year’s shows. A genuine & incredibly solid car retaining virtually all original features such as chrome bumpers, chrome wing mirror, glass rubber chrome trim, uncut Parcel Shelf etc. & really does look the part. Have original handbooks/literature & some paperwork with the car but limited service history however I would say the mileage is 100% genuine based on the condition of the car. Original desirable registration number LLL 74V will come with car & have seen similar registrations advertised in excess of £1200.00.
Work carried out over the past 12 months consists of:
• Oil & Oil Filter
• Spark Plugs
• HT Leads
• AccuSpark Electronic Ignition System
• Coil Pack
• Distributor Cap + Rotor Arm
• Brand new Fuel Pump
• Brand new Weber Carb
• Rocker Cover Gasket
• Anti-Freeze Coolant
• Manual Override Fan Switch
• K&N Air Filter
• Sportex Exhaust System (sounds fantastic!)
• Inline Fuel Filter
• Heater Blower Motor
• Period Sports Steering Wheel
• JBW RS 4 spoke Alloy Wheels with RS Centre Caps
• ‘S’ Decal Kit + Supersport Boot Lid Decal
• Rare Fender Flare Wheel Arch Extensions
• Universal Boot Spoiler
• Universal Front Spoiler/Splitter
• Pressed Metal Number Plates
• Valve Clearances + Timing checked
• Replacement Head Gasket + Inlet Manifold Gasket
• Cleaned Fuel Tank + Fuel System
As with any car this age there are some minor negative points worth mentioning:
1. As you can see there has been much time & money spent, a majority of this work done was to rectify a hesitation issue when driving however this hesitation is still present? Probably something ridiculously simple that we have overlooked! Car can occasionally be a little temperamental when starting on choke with tick-over (has good days & not so good days!!) but once warmed up is usually fine. It accelerates fine but when sitting at a constant cruising speed will hesitate slightly? Aside from this the car runs & drives very well with no unwanted noises, no smoke or no use of fluids. I’m not particularly mechanically minded but I would imagine this to be a very simple & cheap fix but I don’t have the time, space, funds, knowledge or skills to do anything more with the car at this time.
2. Crack in Windscreen (not an MOT failure or advisory)
3. Seat Fabric worn – Appears to have become brittle over the years which I suspect is mainly due to sun damage. MK1/MK2 Fiesta Seats or aftermarket bucket type seats are readily available.
4. Few Minor marks/paint work imperfections on Bodywork consistent with a car of this age & previous restoration work carried out & very minor dent on passenger side front wing.
5. The engine bay is not the prettiest I have seen, this is due to the original Ziebart rust proofing still being in place on the inner wings & bulk head but that said it’s certainly done the job as these areas are virtually rust free with the exception of some light surface rust. Could be cleaned off if wanted but I have left as per original.
6. Sportex Exhaust sits quite low to the ground so not particularly speedbump friendly & requires minor adjustment as occasionally makes contact with the chassis.
If you have the knowledge & time the above can easily be rectified however don’t let these put you off as this really is a cracking little car & I can honestly say I’ve never known a car to draw so much attention wherever it goes, be prepared to be waved at, stopped at Petrol Stations or in Supermarket Car Parks with people wanting to talk about the car & also draws a crowd at car shows & has received a lot of positive publicity on Social Media. It seems everyone loves a MK1 Fiesta or used to own one!
I have kept all original parts which are included in the sale, Steel Wheels, Air Filter, Steering Wheel, Carb etc. & all modifications carried out are easily reversible if desired however the feedback with regards to these subtle mods has been incredibly positive.
I purchased this car in March 2017 to use whilst my Escort was taken off the road to have some work done, the Escort is now back on the road & I’ve also recently purchased a Toyota Corolla AE86 so reluctantly the Fiesta has to go. It has been great fun to own & drive, proper old school driving with no ECU’s or complicated electrical systems to go wrong! This is an incredibly reluctant & genuine sale of my beloved car & I know I will never find another one as good as this again but is now surplus to requirements & funds required for other projects.
Genuine enquiries only & will not swap or part exchange, timewasters, dreamers, messers or tyre kickers will not be tolerated & will be dealt with accordingly! I know what these are worth & I know the prices of these are steadily climbing so better than money in the bank! Open to very sensible offers however silly offers will simply be ignored.
Cash on collection or payment via bank transfer only. Funds to be cleared prior to vehicle being released! I cannot deliver but would be more than happy to assist with loading if you arrange your own transporter.
Genuine bargain price, car stands me in at considerably more than the asking price & must be one of the better ones available anywhere at this sort of money. Probably numerous more bits I have forgotten to add/mention, please contact me on the details below should you have any questions, would like more pictures or to arrange a viewing.
Please note, car is currently dry stored in a very rural location approx. 20 miles from my home so I will need at least 48 hour’s notice for viewings to be arranged & viewings will be only be available on weekends due to busy work schedule.
This car will only be advertised once, I’m not desperate to sell so if it doesn’t reach the price I want I will simply keep it & it will remain in storage.
ONLY 7.000 MILES FROM NEW , YES 7.000 MILES, DOCUMENTED SERVICE HISTORY , ALL OLD MOTC ETC , STUNNING ORIGINAL CONDITION , MUST BE SEEN , FUTURE CLASSIC , PRICE INCLUDES 12 MONTHS MOTC 3 MONTHS PARTS.....