1969 Aston Martin DBS = Rare 1 of 181 made 5 speed $158.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1969 Aston Martin DBS = US-specs....Correct
Rare Factory Delivered in LHD w/ 5-SPD Manual Transmission
1969 Aston Martin DBS
1 of Only 181 LHD Examples Produced .
Extremely Rare Factory Delivered in LHD w/ 5-SPD Manual Transmission
30 Years of Single Ownership with Accompanying Documentation
Numbers-Matching Engine & Original Colors
2006-2008 Photo Documented Engine Rebuild
Includes Aston Martin - BMI Heritage Trust Certificate & Binder
Known History from New with Extensive Documentation File
Three Decades of Fastidious Mechanical Upkeep
Recent Inspection, Tune-Up & Extensive Detailing
Includes Books, Tools, Jack & Spare
- Aston Martin Lagonda Limited introduced the DBS in 1967 as a transition from the DB6 model to the new era of Aston Martin. The new DBS featured a larger wheelbase & square full-width grille with a 4-seat coupe configuration, while powered by DB6's iconic 4.0L 6-cylinder inline engine delivering 286 hp and reaching a top speed of 141 mph.
- Thanks to its impressive exterior design, the car was used in several Hollywood productions including James Bond's 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and 'The Persuaders' TV Series. The DBS namesake is still used today as homage to this brilliant model.
Last of the David Brown Astons
The Aston Martin presented here is considered the ideal gentleman's DBS, finished in Dubonnet Russo over Black leatherwork on wire wheels lavishly equipped with power windows, power assisted steering, air conditioning, Fiamm horns, rear lapbelts, headrests and radio. Additionally, the DBS was delivered in the extremely rare and sought after LHD configuration with 5-SPD manual transmission.
- DBS as built February 7, 1969 and dispatched on March 13, 1969 as a LHD North American Export, through Aston Martin Lagonda Inc., for Rollston Motors.
- The Certificate of Ownership located in the Service Voucher booklet records this DBS as sold new to Aston Martin Lagonda Sales Inc. New York, NY, through Aston Martin Lagonda Inc., King of Prussia, PA.
- Likely a dealer demonstration vehicle, the Aston Martin was serviced in Pennsylvania for a year, eventually making its way to Texas. Recorded history for this fantastic DBS is traced back to corporate ownership by Maretta Oil Company, Honda of Midland, followed by a transfer to Nickel Lease Inc. and ultimately its long caretaker, Mr. P.E. Ridley of Mesquite, Texas. Ridley was sure to maintain the car throughout the years, as documented in a large accompanying dossier of servicing records and invoices sequentially dating to his purchase – all while residing in Texas.
- Between 2006-2008 the DBS received a throughout engine out rebuild and was upgraded with a symphony of Weber carburetors. Well suited for distant touring and all-around spirited driving, this DBS remains true to original form with correct factory equipment, body panels, Tri-Plex etched glass and livery. In the past decade, the car has received a significant amount of mechanical freshening to all systems for continued reliability.
- In the Fall/Winter of 2017, DBS was given a scheduled service to all systems, including the fuel, ignition, electrical, braking and air conditioning.
- Its chrome wire wheels were recently shod with correct Pirelli Cinturato HS CN12 tires over Michelin tubes, whilst the stopping duties are equally well taken care of by the fully rebuilt factory brake system.
- A further February 2019 tune-up and shakedown assures continued excellent drivability.
- As expected with age, comes a very well-displayed and beautifully mellowed cosmetic patina.
- The unspoiled luggage compartment is complete with original emergency equipment and spare assembly, while the frame and pans remain exceptionally solid.
- Supplementing the DBS is its original Instruction Book, Parts Catalogue, Workshop Manual and British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate - verifying the vehicle's factory configuration.
- This striking Aston Martin certainly impresses and is now for worldwide purchase and delivery from our USA showroom.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
the details below If you have questions please email us below...bnz
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....
Stratton Motor Company is pleased to offer this fine example of the 1972 Aston Martin DBS V8 Sports Saloon,
Finished in Pacific Blue with Fawn hide leather interior,
One of only 288 fuel injected cars built,
Usual Aston Martin refinements,
Benefits from a full .....
Aston Martin DBS first registered Sept 1970 so has the rear side vents on the C post. Supplied by HR Owen.
Three previous owners with great history file. Not used since 2003. Side sills good, no rust and all matching numbers.
Automatic transmission, air conditioning, wire wheels supplied in Burnt .....
Aston Martin DBS Vantage, the car has a manual transmission, it's finished in Red with Cream hide interior, the car was first registered on the 19/03/1969, it has air conditioning, power steering, it has also had a re-paint and re-trim. For further details please contact Roger Bennington or Jonathan .....
Guide £50000-£60000. We are delighted to offer at our 6th July auction this DBS 6. Whilst by no means concours, this classic Aston Martin would make an ideal 'personal' restoration project. A very original 1969 Aston Martin DBS 6 Automatic finished in green metallic with contrasting cream interior .....
The DBS Carbon Black was a special edition launched by Aston Martin 2010 and supply was limited to just one car per dealer making this one of the rarest DBS variants produced. Specification of these cars included coachwork in bespoke Carbon Black metallic paint with Obsidian Black hides highlighted .....
Finished in Burgundy with tan leather trim this left hand drive DBS six cylinder manual gearbox car is very rare indeed.
Exported to the USA in 1968 the car for most part remains unchanged. With 'Strongberg carburetors and close crank case breather system this must have been a very early effort at .....
1971 Aston Martin DBS V8 Auto.RHD
matching numbers caribbean Blue with blue leather, GKN alloys, stainless steel exhaust, Aircond 61000 genuine miles, recently serviced buy leading Aston martin specialist,
Valuable cherished number DBS 1J.
a stunning and original rust free example,
and thought .....
A great opportunity for a new owner to continue a restoration
This car was last on the road in 2016 and prior to that, major steel work including replacement sills, jacking points etc had been carried out.
It is a late DBS6 which was fitted with the ZF V8 type manual gearbox from new.
Very rare model, only produced in 403 pcs. This car is very original and with patina and ready to drive.
Note this car is with manual 5 speed gearbox.
This is the last model produced under the ownership from David Brown.
This car need to be seen, big investment potential, please visit our website, .....
- Full Restoration to a very high standard in 2019
- Paintwork in an elegant Black Pearl
- Connolly Fawn hide
- Vantage Specification engine rebuild
- Manual gearbox
- Air Conditioning
The market has changed. Car enthusiasts are tired of buying ‘restored’ prestigious classic cars which are .....