1974 BMW 2002 Turbo = Clean Restored + Rare $154.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
Beautifully Restored by German Marque Experts
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
- One of 1672 Turbos Produced
Home Market 02 Turbo with Long-Term Previous Ownership
Beautifully Restored by German Marque Experts
Presented in Original Color Chamonix-White
Offered with BMW Classic Certificate
Complete with Original Documentation, Owner's Manuals & Accessories
Benefiting from Recent Major Service and Detailing; Exhibits Outstanding Road Manners!
Europe's First Turbocharged Production Car
Demands for increased power for its medium-sized saloon had prompted BMW to introduce the original 2002 in 1968, and it was the fuel-injected 2002tii that provided the basis for the model's ultimate expression - the Turbo - which was readily distinguishable by its deep front air dam, wheelarch extensions and boot-mounted spoiler.
- This top-of-the-range model had been introduced following a successful racing program that saw a works entered, turbocharger equipped 2002 win the 1969 European Touring Car Championship in the hands of Dieter Quester.
- Faced with having to compete against the Porsche 911 & Alfa Romeo GTA, BMW opted for 'bolt on' horsepower courtesy of a turbocharger in a compact package resulted in outstanding performance and the fastest and most exciting medium-sized sports saloon of its day. Produced for the 1973/74 season, this rare model is rightly regarded as a modern classic and highly sought after.
The birth of BMW Motorsports as we know it today.
- Was completed on February 2, 1974 in Chamonix paint over customary black upholstery and a 4-speed transmission. BMW Classic Certificate 5764 confirms that the Turbo was delivered new on March 14th through Autohaus Panzer of Nuremberg, Germany.
- According to an original Vehicle Registration and records dating to 1987, the BMW spent its time in Altdorf, Germany under long-term ownership until 2011, when it transferred to Kulmbach, then Ammerbuch, Germany and eventually Houston, Texas in 2015. A significant amount of mechanical work was performed to the motor and auxiliaries in the late 1980s, while its most recent and currently displayed comprehensive restoration took place between the details below . A dossier of invoices from certified BMW dealerships and marque experts documents its thoughtful restoration and will accompany the sale. Our service department has been regularly maintaining this fantastic 2002 since its arrival in Houston, with succeeding services performed in 2016, 17, 18, 19.
- This particular 2002 presents exceptionally well in original form and livery. Both paint and upholstery remain in excellent order with little wear from use as intended, as do all coatings and supplemental finishes. The car would receive a complete rotisserie treatment during the services performed, including freshening to all mechanical, electrical, and cosmetic components – top to bottom.
- It's always great to see original equipment in place where available, such as all BMW etched side and rear glass with defroster, trim components, working Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio with speaker, and fender flairs with factory part decals. Correct type steel wheels are like new and beautifully finished and mounted to new 185/70R13 Pirelli CN36 tires, complimenting the period attire and stance.
- This 2002 fully exemplifies the look, feel, and panache of the iconic Turbo and is accompanied by original Owner's Manual, Turbo Supplement (copy), Keys and Fob, Dealer Brochure, German Vehicle Registration, BMW Classic Certificate of Authenticity, Records and Invoices ( the details below ), Customs and Shipping Documentation, Spare Assembly and Accessories.
- This Turbo has yet to be concours shown or competitively vintage toured and will surely provide abundant opportunities for its next caretaker to enjoy.
- Now available for worldwide purchase and delivery from our USA showroom at an excellent price point.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Price of the car in Euros is: €14900,-
The listed price has been converted to Pounds, please check the current exchange rate.
We buy and sell collector cars since the early eighties and stock over 400 classic and sports cars.
You can view our current inventory at www.hofman.nl, here you .....
BMW 2002 TOURING with automatic transmission from 1972 of the 2nd Swedish owner in a SUPER nice and original condition and still partially in the 1st paint, really unique in this shape. Of course with all original booklets, the servicebooks included.
For sale a replica of a BMW 2002 tii Schnitzer. The car is an original 2002 of 1972.
I can send detailed pictures by request.
This car is located in Portugal, near Oporto Airport. You can get a low cost flight. I will pick you at the Airport to check the car.
I can help with transport.
BMW 02 Schnitzer Formula 2 engine, 4 valve, Group 5,
Racemagazine Report 1978.
Willi Hatje is part if the race devision.
In the blueyellow painted furniture truck are driving three people with little
eyes, in the loading room a monster of BMW 2002 towed and a big spoiler identifies the BMW .....
BMW 2002 Alpina replica (11/1975)
Now for sale this excellent recreation. Just came out from a nut and bolt restoration.
Rust free and fully seam welded body-shell with the correct wide body kit fitted. Fully revised 2 liter tuned engine.
Dual DCOE Weber and Alquatti cams, forget pistons and balanced .....
Very cool BMW 2002! Comes in a healthy condition and been restored in the past. The powerful engine runs very well and the car drives and handles like it should. Interior and body both well looked after and a pleasure for the eye.
Price of the car is €19900,-
Please find more pictures at our .....
This 1976 BMW 2002 comes in light blue with a navy blue interior. It is equipped with a manual transmission, dual headrests and manual windows. It possesses lots of potential and Co uld use some light cosmetics. This is an excellent original California car which has very recently come out of storage. .....
This is a 1971 BMW 2002 with 52,851 original kms. It was manufactured during March of 1971 and delivered to Switzerland where it spent most of it's life. A numbers matching body, engine and transmission car with good quality original paint with only minor visible blemishes consistent with the car's .....