1963 Lancia Flaminia Super Sport = Rare 1 of 33 made $318.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1963 Lancia Flaminia Super Sport
Among the Rarest & Most Desired Lancias of the Period
1963 Lancia Flaminia Sport Zagato 3C 2.8
Coachwork by Zagato
Among the Rarest & Most Desired Lancias of the Period
1 of Only 33 Three Carb 2.8L “Double Bubble” built by Zagato
From Nearly Two Decades of Enthusiast Use & Stewardship
Formally Owned by Publisher Keith Martin
Featured on the Cover of Hemming Sports & Exotic Car
The Quail, Concorso Italiano, & Arizona Concours d'Elegance Participant
2019 Scheduled Service & Tune-Up
Includes Original Books, Catalogs, Publications, & Emergency Accessories
Eligible for Significant Automotive Events Worldwide
- The alloy-bodied Flaminia Sport debuted at the 1958 Turin Auto Show in 2.5-litre, 119-brake horsepower form, and it was one of Zagato's most successful designs of the era, as it featured the carrozzeria's classic rakish lines and double-bubble roof.
- Although production records are less than perfectly reliable, after an initial run of approximately 99 examples with faired-in covered headlights, the design was modified to accommodate the open vertical headlights, as seen here.
- In 1961, the 2.5-litre engine was updated with three Weber double-downdraft carburetors, increasing brake horsepower to 140, and in '62-'63, an enlarged triple-carb, 2.8-litre engine saw power increase to 150 brake horsepower. With its lighter weight, better aerodynamics, and longer final drive, the 2.8 3C Sport is a capable long-distance tourer.
- Offered here is the 7th of 33 open-headlight Flaminia Sports with the desirable 3C 2.8-litre engine.
- Although Zagato built a total of 70 Sports (type 826.132) between 1963 and 1964, they later converted 37 of the cars to 2.8 3C SuperSport (type) specification, leaving only 33 in the original configuration.
- Very early in life the Flaminia was purchased by Mr. Anzwena of New Jersey through Algar Enterprises in Pittsburg, PA, wearing factory yellow paintwork. Anzwena's son told its former caretaker that the family sold the Lancia sometime in the late 1960's to its next and long-term owner.
- This where it's believed to have found its way to the Midwest, U.S. where Sports Car Market's publisher Keith Martin eventually acquired it from a collector. A January 2018, SCM 30th Anniversary article “Three That Got Away” features this very car and Martin's short excerpt of ownership.
- Martin sold the Flaminia to Mr. Andrews of Arizona in 2000, who went on to upkeep, display, and regularly drive the 3C as intended for nearly two decades.
While ideally suited cosmetically for vintage touring events, the car has made show appearances at The Quail, Concorso Italiano, an Arizona Concours d'Elegance, as well as a number of organized drives.
- The October 2007 issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car features a fantastic cover and spread of this Sport Zagato, model insights, and previous history.
- In 2019, the car received a scheduled inspection, service and tune-up, addressing such items as the carburetors, lights and electrical, new plugs, fluids and filters, battery, and rebuilt braking system by Karps Power Brake.
- Engine compression reads 165+ psi across the board, with excellent response.
- Extensive detailing included re-chroming and installation of the front and rear bumpers, as well as the hubcaps and beauty rings to complement the 165R400 Michelin tires. It retains period Italian and heavily registered California license plates in the rear, along with its 3C dash plaque, a vintage American Lancia Club door plaque and window decal on etched original glass.
- Importantly, the Flaminia is accompanied by two sets of keys, an original Disc Brake manual, Repair Shop Manual, Spare Parts Catalog, Instruction Book with Supplement and Zagato parts manual. Along with a matching spare tire assembly, emergency equipment and tools in period pouch.
- Although not intended as an all-out racer, the Flaminia Sport saw competition success in the hands of privateers, including overall victories at the 1960 and 1963 Coppa Intereuropa, class wins at the 1962 and 1963 Targa Florio, and a 2nd place finish on the 1961 Mille Miglia.
- Very comfortable and highly usable and qualified for numerous driving events or display, we offer this grand touring machine for worldwide purchase and delivery from our USA showroom.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
the details below If you have questions please email us below...bnz
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....
1962 LANCIA FLAMINIA GT 2500 3C TOURING SUPERLEGGERA
MODEL FLAMINIA TOURING SUPERLEGGERA 2500 3C
PRICE EURO On request
CHASSIS N. 824.10-3404
BODY N. 11060
ENGINE 823.10- 13537
CAPACITY 2500 cc
INTERIOR New Beige leather
OUTSIDE Lancia BLue
NOTE Recently .....
Engine: 2.5L V-6 (823.00*1775*)
Transmission: 4-Speed Rear Mounted Transaxle
Mileage Reads: 52,526
Price: $45,150 *Includes Dealer Prep and Handling
*Remarkably Original Car with Factory Interior
*Well Cared for In Large Lancia Collection
*Known Black Plate .....
Very rare Lancia Flaminia GT Touring 2.8 3 carbs, one of the 168 models built between 1963 and 1968.
Extraordinary unmolested conditions, always wonderfully taken care and maintained.
Second italian registration and delivery in 1968 due to city change.
ASI gold omologated and .....
A Flaminia coupe to restore. But there are many other Lancia's in our stock right now.
Take a look at our website www.stolzeclassiccars.nl for more information and the biggest choice in REAL Classic Cars in "the Stolze Collection" , more than 450 in stock.! from .....
" A Lancia owes no piece of road to any other motor car ever made"
Here we present an exquiste example of this undervalued Italian GT car styled by Touring in Superleggera ( super light weight ) aluminium.
Over the last thirty years of buying Classic cars this model is in my top three.The lightweight .....
Originally imported by us for its current owner from Varese, Italy is this very rare example of this lovely looking coupe, one of only 143 produced in original Right Hand Drive form, for its only previous registered owner in Italy, being the Contessa wife of the owner of Agusta Helicopters.
It is .....
We offer you the unique opportunity to acquire an almost untouched Lancia Flaminia Touring 3C GT 2.5 liter
This Flaminia was made in 1962 in Milan by the Carrozzeria Touring and remained in Milan until 2015.
A German collector discovered this vehicle in Italy in 2015 and imported it to Germany.