1962 Maserati 3500 GTi Coupé = Correct Coachwork by Carrozze For Sale
Located in the USA...
1962 Maserati 3500 GTi = Coachwork by Carrozzeria Touring
Engine Size I6
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Exceptionally Original Example of a Noteworthy Concours Preservation Candidate
1962 Maserati 3500 GTi Coupé
Coachwork by Carrozzeria Touring
First Owner – S.r.l Cisitalia Autocostruzioni
Exceptionally Original Example of a Noteworthy Concours Preservation Candidate
Complete Numbers-Matching Engine, Body and Chassis Verified by Maserati S.p.A. Certificate of Origin
Desirable Late-Production 3500 with Fuel Injection, 5-Speed Gearbox & Disc Brakes
Stunning Touring Superleggera Coachwork Finished in Attractive Original Colors
Great Provenance and Long Term Previous Ownership
A Beautifully Unspoiled & Honest Grand Touring Maserati
Major Mechanical Restoration and Detailing from 2017-2018
Offered with Factory Build Sheets and Delivery Records Provided by Maserati Classiche Dossier of Maserati Classiche Records, and Service Records
Carlo Dusio, Torino, Italy (acquired new in 1962)
Gary Kogak, Skokie, Illinois (acquired circa 1975)
- This captivating example of Maserati's celebrated 3500 GT possesses a distinguished provenance, factory documentation, and uncommon originality. According to a copy of the original build sheet, dated February 17, 1962, chassis 2360 was specified with Touring Superleggera coachwork, handsomely finished in Grigio Albany (Albany Gray) paint with Marrone (brown) leather upholstery. This relatively late-production 3500 GT was originally equipped with a desirable Lucas fuel injection, four-wheel disc brakes, and a five-speed ZF gearbox.
Maserati Classiche records indicate the first owner as S.r.l Cisitilia Autocostruzioni which was under the direction of Carlo Dusio, son of the well-known Cisitalia principal and Porsche collaborator Piero Dusio. The 3500 GTi was dispatched on July 24, 1962, to dealer Autosalone Renzo Bordese of Torino, which in turn delivered the car to Cisitalia Autocostruzione.
- The Maserati is believed to have remained in Italy until at least 1973, as suggested by registration stickers affixed to the windshield and glove box. An invoice in the file states that it was imported in July 1975 by Bob Grossman's well-known Maserati dealership in Nyack, New York, and thereafter passed to Mr. Kogak of Skokie, Illinois.
- Upon word that this 3500 was pulled out of long-term storage and it would be available for sale we jumped at the opportunity. We were completely struck by the car's remarkable preservation and fascinating provenance and found it worthy of the intense process to service and detail it as needed.
Maserati S.p.A. of Modena confirms with original Certificate of Origin that all chassis, engine and stamped body numbers are matching as it left the factory.
- Attesting to the cars originality Touring body number “419” was found stamped on the front hood and rear trunk bonnet during the detailing process. Additionally, all Maserati Classiche parchment records accompany this car, including: Internal factory Order, Historical Information Sheet, Technical Data Sheet, Technical & Aesthetic Characteristics, End of Line Data Sheet and Purchase Order.
- A sight to behold for the Maserati aficionado and preservation purist, 2630 appears to retain original trim, lenses, glass, plaques, emblems, wheels, upholstery – both, cabin and luggage compartment, floor pans, undercoating, sheetmetal, equipment and large portions of its original paint.
- The engine, with its internal number () corresponds to the factory records provided by Maserati Classiche and Fabio Colina's records.
- Sitting behind the wheel is like stepping back into time and a joy to experience what Carlo Dusio had the privilege to see and feel in such unspoiled condition.
Seeking to preserve the GTi's unique character, we recently undertook a thorough sympathetic freshening to all mechanical systems to return the Maserati to its former Grand Touring abilities.
- The entire braking, cooling and electrical systems were restored, with consideration to retaining as many of the vehicle's original components and finishes as possible, this also included the cabin's instruments, switches, along with internal and external lighting systems.
- Understandably, all consumable items were replaced with new concours-correct items, such as the shock absorbers, suspension, steering and clutch components - along with numerous ancillary parts like fluids, filters, hoses, ignition components and correct Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tires.
- The original exhaust system, simply had to be replaced, and thanks to QuickSilver Exhausts of GB, the new stainless-steel unit will more than last another 56 years. The unique original tips were retained for future caretakers. Last and importantly, the 3500's Lucas fuel injection system was entrusted to Kinsler Fuel Injection of Troy, Michigan for a complete restoration and recalibration of the entire system - from the “black bomb” pump to the meticulously complicated unit itself – a nearly 6-month undertaking. In total over $20,000 was invested and over 240 hours of labor spent.
- With no expenses spared and ready to tour, stands as a formative candidate for competitive preservation display at significant concours events across the globe.
- This 3500 GTi possesses the unique provenance of having originally been owned by by Carlo Dusio, who participated in the 1948 and 1952 Mille Miglia, and was of indispensable value to his father in the management of Cisitalia.
- This elegant Touring-bodied coupe would be an important addition to the collection of preservationists and connoisseurs of the Cisitalia marque, though it can also be enjoyed as an impressive, unrestored example of one of Maserati's most admired road cars. Note: Titled as a 1964.
- Complete with untouched matching spare tire assembly, jack and emergency accessories.
We proudly offer for worldwide purchase and delivery.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
the details below If you have questions please email us below...
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....
The Maserati 3500 GT offered here was originally born in black color and built in Milan by the Carrozzeria Touring.
The first Italian owner decided already in the early 70s to repaint this vehicle in his present color verde pavone.
In the late 1980s this Maserati was sold to its second and last owner .....
This Maserati 3500 GTI is an excellent original example. Red with saddle leather interior. The car runs and drives well. It also features a period AM/FM radio, power windows, front disc with rear drum brakes, wood-rimmed steering wheel and factory wheels with center caps.
The Maserati 3500 GT was .....
Time-warp Maserati 3500GT Touring 1961 LHD
In my classic car career I didn't need to play poker to get some excitement, but this time I am very excited to inform you that I have "a full house" in hand:
- a top-brand: Maserati
- very stylish 3500GT Touring design. Perfectly useable as an everyday .....
About this Car
We are delighted to offer for sale this very special 1960 Maserati 3500 GT Vignale Spyder chassis number AM101 997, once forming part of the Jean-Claude Bajol Collection. Limited production to just 242 examples the majority in Left Hand Drive, this matching numbers example could be .....
1962 Maserati 3500 Vignale Spyder: Matching Numbers, 1 of 242
This 1962 Maserati 3500 Vignale Spyder is a matching numbers example and a great driver quality car. Red with tan leather interior. Never restored and one of just 242 Vignale Spyders ever produced. Factory records note that chassis number .....
1964 Maserati 3500GTI
This 1964 Maserati 3500GTI is an excellent original car. Black with tan interior and wearing an older restoration. The car has been sitting for 4-5 years and could use servicing. A very honest, straight, and solid example. This 3500GTI is an incredibly smart buy for only $195,000 .....
Located in the USA...Fast High-end Custom Clones with 1100 HP on request please...
1962 Maserati 3500 GT Vignale Spyder
$695,000 USD - Asking Price
- Documented two-owner from new, completely restored, rust and accident free.
- Just completing a full bare-metal restoration to the .....
Beautiful Maserati Sebring in the rare color combination dark blue paint with burgundy leather interior
This very neat and rarely beautiful car comes from the 1st series and has been upgraded over time to the less complicated carburetor version. The body is in very good condition, the engine is running .....
Maserati 3500 Sebring serie 1 1963 AM 101 01731 Fully restored between 2005 and 2008 Maserati Classiche Certificate and historic Documents
Motor totally rebuilt by Garage du Trident,6000 km drive since ,exellent oil pressure. Gear box overhauled by ZF specialist. New clutch, lines, master .....
The Sebring 2+2 was also known as the Maserati 3500 GTiS. This early Series II example is matching numbers and retains its original colour combination of blue body and red leather interior. Comes with Maserati Heritage certification. Running well with correct Lucas fuel injection system and 5 speed .....