1987 Ferrari 328 GTS = 2015 FCA First Place Winner Black $76 For Sale
Located in the USA....
1987 Ferrari 328 GTS
2015 FCA First Place – Best Vintage V8 Winner!
1987 Ferrari 328 GTS Quattrovalvole
Factory Delivered in Nero (Black) Paint w/ Black Interior
2015 FCA First Place – Best Vintage V8 Winner
Offered with All Owner's Manuals & Cards in Leather Folio
Known History From New with File, Including Recent Service Records
Clean CARFAX & AutoCheck History Reports
Includes Complete & Correct Original Toolkit, Emergency Roll & Spare Assembly
One of the last Ferraris engineered and launched during Enzo Ferrari's lifetime, the 328 succeeded the highly popular 308 four-cam by offering an increased displacement V-8 and a myriad of detail changes throughout. The mid-engined 328, offered in both hardtop (GTB) and Targa/Spider (GTS) forms, featured an uprated 3.2-liter. Assembled in Maranello until the fall of 1989, the 328 is considered by many to be among the most drivable vintage Ferraris, thanks to its solid performance and general reliability.
A Pampered & Preserved Example from Meticulous Ownership
Completed in June 1987, in striking Nero over Nero leather, this North American specification GTSi was purchased new on a lease agreement from Ferrari Manhattan by Mr. Frank De Galente on October 26, 1987. 39 months later on January 29, 1991 and 7,112 miles, Mr. De Galente sold to his friend Mr. Vigorito, whose family are longtime owners/operators of Security Dodge in Amityville, New York. Mr. Vigorito drove the 328 just over 23,200 miles throughout his 22 years of ownership, the majority of which occurred before March-April 2001, when he replaced the tires and put the car into dry storage – intending to keep it pristine as a graduation gift to his son.
- Gabriel told the GTS' former caretaker, as unlikely as it seems (since they are Dodge dealers), his son preferred a Dodge Challenger to a Ferrari 328, so the car was soon sold to Rubio Premier Motors - a local shop and dealer whom stored and performed services to the vehicle over the years. DriverSource acquired and sold the Ferrari in 2014 to its previous and most recent owner. Mr. Vigorito confirmed in 2015 the Ferrari to be completely original, aside from a bonnet respray - due to one of his employees attempting to close the hood without pressing the release pin.
- Equipped with air conditioning, power windows, correct Blaupunkt SQR radio, and the necessary luxuries. Today, the Ferrari appears incredibly original overall with just over 32,200 recorded miles, while the preserved interior's upholstery, paintwork, undercarriage and stowage compartments remain tidy and free of concerns.
- We performed a basic reconditioning in 2014, and an extensive “major service” was conducted and documented by Norwood Italia in Dallas, Texas, September 2014. In the years following, Norwood continued to regularly maintain and further cosmetically and mechanically preserve this particular 328 to the level it is today.
- In 2015, was awarded first place, in the Vintage V8 class at the South Central FCA Regional Meet, celebrating 40 years of Ferrari V8.
- The cabin is nicely presented; leather seating, trim and headliner show typical patina from delicate use, while the carpeting displays as new in a “Triple Black” color scheme.
- The Ferrari's body and largely original paint show well for its age with straight lines and excellent gaps.
- The lenses are bright and clear as is the original glass. Correct Campagnolo wheels compliment the overall look. The rear stowage compartment, with working zippers, contains a complete original tool kit and emergency pouch with jack, spare belts and necessary wrenches, as well as the spare bulb / fuse canister.
- Up front stows the correct and original space saver spare wheel and tie down nut.
- This GTS sports a strong powerplant, tight steering and solid suspension, as expected from a limited driven example. All electronics and lights remain in proper working order, including the clock, mirrors and auxiliaries.
- Additionally, is complete with all correct 328 books in leather folio, aforementioned records and previous caretaker correspondence, a period authentic Ferrari leather suitcase, model-specific publications, and a beautifully presented trophy for its Ferrari Club of America win.
- The 328 has become quite the collectible and practical driver among the early post Enzo-era Ferraris, this particular example in excellent livery, displays great care, and benefits from meticulous ownership.
- It comes fully outfitted with all correct factory accessories, excellent recent service history, and fantastic road manners. Now available for worldwide purchase and delivery from our USA showroom.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts