1953 Mercedes 220 Cabriolet A = Rare 1 of 1,278 made $172.5k For Sale
Located in the USA....
1953 Mercedes-Benz 220A
Transmission Type 4 Speed Manual
Exceptional Documented Provenance From 60 Years of Single Ownership
1953 Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A
One of Only 1,278 Examples Produced
Exceptional Documented Provenance From 60 Years of Single Ownership!
Numbers-Matching Engine per Mercedes-Benz DataCard
Excellent Fit and Finish Throughout – Ideal for Tours/Rallies and Club Events
Recent Professional Detailing & Mechanical Service
Accompanied by Original Books & Roadside Accessories
- As World War II ended, Daimler-Benz AG was in precarious health. In 1951, an upscale modernization of the 170 bowed as the 220 series, with the internal company designation of W187. Styling was similar to the 170, but its headlamps were faired into the front fenders instead of free-standing, giving the car a more up-to-date appearance. The engine, however, was completely new.
- It was novel not only in its architecture but also for its dimensions. The “short-stroke” was unusual in Europe at the time, but became the mainstay of Mercedes-Benz's line, and derivatives remained in production until the 1970s. More than 16,000 Mercedes-Benz 220s were sedans, but more discerning buyers also had the option of ordering a two-three seat Cabriolet A or a full four-seat Cabriolet B. Only 1,278 clients opted for the “A” version.
- Was completed October 17, 1953, wearing Blue (DB320) paintwork over Grey Leather upholstery, delivered November 9 and sold new to the Kaiser & Ganz company on December 18, 1953. Prior to purchase (Dec. 12), the 220 received its stunning Auto-Push Button Becker Monaco radio and antenna.
- A few years later, protective undercoating was applied on February 24, 1958 in Berlin at 77,075 kms. Shortly after, in May of 1958, was in the care of its second and nearly lifelong owner, Mr. Gherian of Detroit, Michigan. Records from the early 1960's to present are carefully filed in the car's dossier, along with an original instruction manual, all original matching Becker radio booklets and other period pieces.
- Displaying older but well-appointed restoration work, including the application of the current black lacquer paint and tidy grey upholstery the 220 Cabriolet A leave a lasting impression.
- The Cabriolet appears to retain much of its original trim, sheet metal, glass and auxiliary equipment and benefits from a recent mechanical inspection and tune-up. Fit and finish is that of a nice honest driver and thoughtful stewardship – an excellent candidate for local display or worldwide vintage touring.
- Tonneau cover with protective sleeve are available for open motoring.
- All 5 wheels are matching 10/53 production, complemented by correct 6.40x15 white walled tires.
- Period Bosch yellow fog lamps and working hazard traffic indicators compliment the presentation.
- In addition to records, an original Workshop Manual, jack, tire iron, roadside accessories and Kaco emergency light accompany.
- A particularly rare find - especially on this side of the pond, this incredibly elegant 1953 Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A, from over half a century of loving ownership, is now available from our USA showroom for worldwide purchase and delivery.
- This charming and timeless Mercedes-Benz 220 Cabriolet A will make a fantastic first classic or a welcomed addition to a growing collection.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
the details below If you have questions please email us below...bnz
the details below Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
the details below
the details below Thanks for looking....mtx
This trailer is specially designed for very low sports-cars
Price: on request
- Aluminum chassis
- Electric winch
- Spotlights inside
- Special ‘roof’-openings for Lamborghini’s with wing doors
- Electric loading ramp
- Special storage space
IF YOU DO NOT GET AN AWNSER BY EMAIL PLEASE .....
Very rare OTAV 5,5 hp, bodied by Castagna, one cylinder, two spark plugs, two belt drive on the back wheel, original gearbox, air cooled engine, English rare plate, running conditions, full of history and documents (books, magazines, pictures, papers from VCC of England, etc), one of only two surviving .....
Built 1995 from 1988 XR2 donor, standard build in Blue (painted)
Complete, and properly registered as Quantum, but not been on the road since 2000, so in need of restoration. Hood ok but rear window plastic UV degraded. Located in Guildford.
pics to follow, will need trailering .....
1952 Henry J which would make for the perfect patina'd gasser/race car
Shove in a big block. 9" axle and a straight tube to go racing for pinks!
The body is relatively straight with some minor rust issues to the gutters and floor and sports a few dents here and there, just as a racer should look. .....
A beautiful and rare Lasalle 340 coupe from 1930 with nice features such as the Dickey seat and the optional heater system, this coupe model is hard to find nowadays and is a exclusive classic car. It runs and drives very good and has Belgian documents at this moment, before that it came from Sweden.
1928 Peerless 4DR Sedan
..Professional Ground up Restoration
..Won 1st at National AACA in Hershey, PA 1986
..Chocolate Brown Paint
..Black Fenders & Top
..Rarest of the 3 P's /
..Peerless, Packard & Pierce Arrow
..Excellent Running Car
..Excellent Driving Car
..Built by Peerless Motor Company
In our June 8th Auction 2017 Ledbury UK
The current vendor has spent many years researching the marque, and has assembled a good collection of original parts, to be fitted to this 1925 chassis. The chassis itself has been professional straightened and refurbished and has had four new road springs .....
The Solectria Force is an electric car built on a base model Geo Metro (Suzuki Swift). The company built around 400 of these vehicles, buying them in without drivetrain. There is a single speed transmission connected to a 156 volt 3-phase motor. This particular car was bought for a customer from a university .....