1968 Porsche 911L Coupe = 4k miles Recaro Sport Seats $69.5k For Sale
Located in the USA....
1968 Porsche 911L = low miles
Engine Size 2.0L
Transmission Type 5-Speed Manual
A Remarkably Equipped, Final-Year SWB 911
The Special SWB in the Garage…
1968 Porsche 911L 2.0L
A Remarkable Find from Decades of Storage
Extraordinarily Equipped, Special Optioned Example Including - 100 Liter Gas Tank, Recaro Sport Seats in Leather, Halogen Fog Lights, Halogen Spot Light and Dunlop Tires.
Final Year of the Short Wheelbase 911, 1 of 449 “Late” Models Produced (1968 only)
Complete Numbers-Matching Throughout
Verified by Porsche Kardex & Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
Exciting Early Globetrotting History
Significant & Worthwhile Early 911 to Restore as Delivered
The 911 L was only produced for the 1968 model year. The L stood for "Late" (as in late model), and was the most expensive of the 911s, since the 911S was not available in the US for 1968.
- Only 449 cars were built with this designation and production dates after October 1967.
- This particular example, was completed on March 1st 1968 in Silver (6851) over Black Leather (B) upholstery, fitted with a substantial selection of special optioned equipment such as:
- US equipment, exterior mirror, spare parts kit, rear window wiper, antenna, loudspeaker, engine noise suppression, 2 headrests – leather, tinted glass – all around, 100 liter gas tank, Recaro sport seats – leather, halogen fog lights, halogen spot light and Dunlop tires.
- Extraordinary to say the least.
- This very special 911 was purchased by Mr. H.K. Mills of Pontiac, Michigan, through Jabsen Motors of Hong Kong, famed for their introduction of Porsche to Asia in 1955. The Porsche Kardex for states the 911 received multiple services from August to December 1968, starting with Scania-Vabis in Sweden to later repairs performed in Stuttgart.
- The 911 eventually made its way home to Michigan, U.S.A., where it would reside for the remainder of its life.
- After what we can only presume was an exciting life lived, the car was tucked away in garage storage for many years, until its recent discover in Michigan.
- Presented as found, offers an amazing opportunity for its next caretaker to restore back to former glory and delivery presentation.
- In addition to the abundance of factory installed equipment, the L would also receive a Golde manual sunroof and air conditioning, while retaining many of its original components (driver side front fender was replaced with a fiber glass fender previously).
- Now available for new ownership the first time, from our USA showroom here is a remarkable find for the early Porsche 911 enthusiast.
If you have questions please email us below..
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....joz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts