First registered 5th February 1934 – AVW 425
Owned then by Mrs Ida Szlumper of Bickley, Kent.
In 1938 she went to Acton to Percy Taylor of Western Avenue Hotel then in 1964 went to M Y Cartwright of Keswick.
Maintenance records detail work done on the car between 1956 and 1961. In July 1956 the recorded mileage was 56,108 and by November 1961 it was 71,432. At that time the engine was totally rebuilt.
In 1987, AVW 425 went all the way to Texas – hence the removal of the original registration and in 1991, she returned to the UK and became JSU 985.
In 2005 Brian Slattery purchased the car in Nottingham and had extensive work carried out……
A bare-metal/wings off repair and respray was undertaken at Chic Doig’s premises in Cardenden. The interior has been retrimmed locally and Milford Vintage Engineering of Kirkmichael have completed numerous jobs, including a complete rewire, ensuring that she is now in perfect running order. A suitable trunk has been fitted and for safer driving on today’s roads, wing mirrors and flashers have been added.
In 2010 the registration was changed back to its original AVW 425
In 2014 an new clutch was fitted and in 2017 radiator was removed and refurbished. Excellent condition inside and out.
The first owner of this Rolls-Royce 20/25 HP with a body by Barker, became in 1934 Mr. G. Milne from Wiltshire. When in September 1950 were carried out necessary repairs of the engine and other parts,.....