For sale is my 1991 Porsche 944 S2 Coupe Manual in glacier metallic (bridge spoiler model).
The car has been converted to a sort of clubsport spec. suitable for track days and road use.
- removal of rear seats
- fitment of Cobra Monaco bucket seats
- driver's side Willans 3"/2" harness
- weld-in four point rollcage with harness bar
- fitment of plexi-glass side windows (driver's with slider)
- custom fibreglass door cards
- OMP suede sports steering wheel
- body coloured fibreglass bonnet (uses original latch and cable mechanism)
- spare wheel and boot carpet I have taken out but will come with the car
- Spax Krypton coilovers (with adjustable damping)
- polybushed front anti-roll bar
- front upper strut brace
- stainless steel exhaust system (not too loud)
- K&N panel filter
However, it still has a full uncracked dashboard (a rarity), headlining and carpet still present, working electric sunroof, working heater/fan (non a/c model), working radio/cd player (rear speakers only), working central locking and immobiliser, working rear screen demist and rear wiper.
The car has done 206k miles, but the engine has only done 116k miles (see explanation below). The bodywork is not perfect, but there is hardly any rust on the car. There is a little along the top of the windscreen, a little on the nose piece that covers the airbox, and a little behind the driver's side rear wheel arch but that's about it. There's none in any structural areas that would be an issue for the MOT. There are some small scratches and chips (mainly on the front bumper) but the paintwork is generally in good condition and not faded. I keep the car garaged, and it is not used in the winter when there's salt on the roads.
I have replaced or upgraded a number of things in the time I've had the car, which includes:
- a replacement secondhand S2 engine fitted when the car had done 198k miles and the engine was bought with 108k miles (now 206k and 116k). Original engine was found to have bad cylinder liners, and it was better to buy a much lower mileage engine than replace the cylinder liners.
- all belts (inc. timing belt) were replaced as part of fitting the new engine
- engine replacement was carried out by independent Porsche specialist Chris Denning in Cardiff
- both front suspension lower arms replaced
- gearbox & differential oil replaced
- front top mounts replaced with Gaz camber adjustable ones
- front brake upgrade to "big black" calipers from a 928 S4, along with new discs, EBC yellowstuff pads, HEL stainless steel flexi hoses front and rear and EBC high temp brake fluid
- front and rear ends of near-side sill and rear end of off-side sill replaced with new metal and entire sill resprayed (up to rubbing strip)
- new Bosch speed/reference sensor fitted
- power steering belt tensioner replaced
- alternator belt tensioner replaced
- starter motor replaced
- all underbody and in wheel-arch brake lines replaced
- new spark plugs fitted
- new battery fitted
- new Bosch coolant temperature sensor fitted
- new Bosch lambda sensor fitted
- Gemini immobilizer fitted (car previously had a 90s Clifford alarm which was temperamental so I had it completely removed)
The car comes with the original 16" Design 90 wheels with Toyo R888 track tyres on. The rears have a few mm of tread left and will do several track days, the fronts are getting a bit borderline for road use but will do a dry trackday or two.
For the right price I will also include the 17" Cup 1 wheels (in the photos) with Toyo front & Kumho rear road tyres on. These wheels have been fully refurbished, with the front tyres brand new and the rear tyres still with loads of tread. These will be sold separately if I don't receive a high enough offer for the car.
MOT until October 2019, passed last MOT with no issues.
Car comes with 2 keys and 2 immobilizer fobs.
Car starts and runs with no issues, and the engine pulls well and doesn't smoke.
I've just done an oil and filter change, so the car is ready to go for the summer with no work needed.
These cars are now appreciating classics, so now is the time to get one when prices are starting to rise. Think of it as maybe 80% of a 968 CS, for 20% of the price!
If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.
If you want to come and test drive the car, please bring proof that you have at least 3rd party insurance cover on other vehicles, otherwise I'll be doing the test drive.
Car is located 10 miles from Cardiff and 5 minutes from the M4.
Payment by cash or bank transfer on collection only.
I'm open to sensible offers.
Contact me to arrange a viewing / test drive.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts