Yes they stopped making the “B” in 1980 so this has to be one of the last GT’s. Thick file of history. Major refurb 2006 including new inner and outer sills, repair to A pillars, new front wings, new front LE spoiler, MGOC minilites with carbon finish etc etc. In recent years has had new bonnet and repair to top of wings by windscreen. Incredibly original interior with orange striped seats – now rare and sought after by the purist. Original service book and rear window sticker. Hours of attention has been lavished on this car mechanically to include:-
1. Rebuilt ignition from coil up to include electronic distributor
2. SU carbs have been tuned and balanced within an inch of their life.
3. Cylinder head overhauled, valves replaced where necessary. New valve seals fitted. Compression brought up to be improved and equal per bore.
4. Overdrive wiring sorted to correct failure and potential fire risk
5. Petrol piping from and to petrol tank replaced following modern petrol rotting original rubber piping
6. New Battery
7. To stop vaporisation of petrol in carbs – new improved stainless steel heat shield fitted plus new radiator and whilst at it – new hoses and clips. Electronic ignition and balanced carbs contributed
8. MOT advisories including Steering rack gaiter, track rod end gaiters and front suspension arm pin bearings sorted.
9. New alternator
10. New front brake pads
This car has taken us to and from the last two Le Mans Classic with all our camping gear. A real Grand Tourer.
A very nice MGB GT in the original color "British Racing Green". A beautiful car with overdrive. This MGB GT was delivered new in 1973 in the United States. Then the car in 1995 came to the Netherlands......
We are always looking for nice clean MG stock, Midgets, BGTs, Roadsters, MG 1100s, Magnettes, MGA's etc
Instant decisions with prompt payment and same day payment either by bank transfer or cash.
Full restoration required for this early and quite rare MK1 GT. Castle sections and sills are good, comes with original aluminium bonnet and interior, non overdrive gearbox.
Will be a valuable asset.....