1988 BMW E30 325i Touring, malachite green beige sports For Sale
My trusty E30 325i Touring is for sale - it's got to go as I'm retraining and need to fund the course fees.
I've owned it for 10 years and have commuted in it, holidayed in it, garaged it while had other cars, and moved house in it. I have loved it and neglected it but 2 years ago gave it a big refresh to ensure it won't ever be worth scrapping. I believe these Tourings are looking better than the saloons these days, and the beige makes everything feel that bit more spacious and different to most other E30s.
- MOT until May 2020
- Fresh service ready for sale
- 70% new malachite green paint 2 years ago
- 210600 miles (+1 for getting it around for servicing and test-drives while it's advertised) but you really wouldn't know it!
- brilliant bluetooth Sony head-unit (makes a ton of difference having bluetooth)
- Cobra alarm and remote central locking - fully functional
- un-cracked dash
- front electric windows, manual rears
- LongLife stainless steel exhaust (civilised around town, sounds great when pressing on)
- Malachite Green (really rare!)
- beige Sports interior - from a 4-door - incredibly rare
- Mtech 1 steering wheel (specced from new)
- that missing side strip has been replaced with a new part
The 2.5 inline 6cyl M20B25 motor pulls strongly and evenly and it turns and stops like an E30 should. It's a car where you're fully mechanically connected and they got the chassis absolutely spot on. The Tourings also benefit from the rear bracing behind the seats that the convertible models had to increase rigidity, which is why so many Tourings went racing.
Brakes are a combination of hard Mtec grooved and drilled discs, and relatively soft EBC Green Stuff pads (new spares included) which is a combo I've loved for the last 4 years.
The Lancia wheels pictured will be sold separately (circa £750 for the curious) and they've fitted brilliantly despite some understandable fears but it was well worth trying. There is a wobble but only at 85mph and I don't go that fast - only did it to find out if it was going to wobble. However, the re-furbished BBS 15s will be supplied with the car.
As I say, two years ago I invested in a 70% respray, cutting out major rust, and changing the tatty comfort seats for a 4-door sports cloth interior that I'd always wanted. I will update this with those details when I get home tonight.
And, of course, there are things that need attention - it's 31 years old, and has been used - but nothing that would scrap it given the increasing values of these cars. There are very few for sale right now, and there may be a few reasons for that, but mine's on sale now to fund my future career.
Come and see it, or we can meet up in between - I'm very close to the A41, M1 and the M25.
Lhd spanish registered bmw e36 evo 321 bhp in the best colour dakar yellow. 6 speed manual with service history and only 165000klms. In perfect condition . all the usual m3 extras. One of the best.....
BMW E30 M3..... a vey rare AK05 Euro car with a factory 215 bhp and finished in alpine white (alpinweiss 146) with anthracite (0211) cloth interior. Specification to include fitted.....