1938 Ford DeLuxe Phaeton = clean Blue(~)Tan Manual $31.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1938 Ford DeLuxe Phaeton = US-specs...
Transmission: Three-speed Manual
1938 Ford DeLuxe Phaeton
•Next-to-last year for the Phaeton model
•Rarest Ford model; one of 1,169 Phaetons made in 1938
•Washington Blue exterior with a taupe canvas top and Saddle interior
•Twenty-one stud 221 CID Flathead V-8
•Three-speed manual transmission and 3.78 gearing
Not knowing when to give up on a good thing, Ford continued making open cars through the 1930s, even though sedans and coupes gained market share every year that decade. M Classic Cars is pleased to present this 1938 Ford DeLuxe Phaeton, the rarest of that that year’s body style. This example is one of 1,169 Phaetons made in 1938.
= We are selling this awesome car for a local gentleman who can no longer care for this handsome Ford.
- Finished in Washington Blue with a taupe canvas top that looks good, the car’s paint and trim are in great condition.
- The windows are clear and intact as are the car’s lights, with its distinctive teardrop-shaped headlights and optional fog lights.
- The car’s bodywork is straight and the engine bay is tidy and the chrome bumpers are in very good order.
- There is also a full-sized spare tire mounted in the rear.
-This car rides on Firestone Deluxe Champion gum-dipped wide whitewall tires, size 6.00-16 surrounding steel wheels with factory moon wheel covers with the V8 logo.
-The tires are in satisfactory condition while the wheel covers look great.
- Under the hood is Ford’s 221 CID Flathead V-8 engine with 21 studs.
- It is buttoned to a three-speed manual transmission and back by a 3.78:1 differential.
- Inside, the car’s Saddle leather interior is in overall great condition. The front and rear bench seats are in great condition, as is the matching carpet. The three-spoke banjo steering wheel looks great, as does the stem-wind clock in the glove box door. The horn and Wipers are inoperable.
- The wood-grain instrument panel and inner door liners look great and the shift lever is in decent order.
Nineteen thirty-eight DeLuxe models were differentiated with a heart-shaped grille. A new dash was used, with recessed controls for safety.
Competition to the Phaeton in 1938 included Chevrolet’s Master series convertible, Plymouth’s P6 Deluxe Convertible Coupe with rumble seat and Pontiac’s Convertible Sedan.
This phaeton truly represents the end of an automotive era. If you’re a pre-World War II classic car fan or a classic Ford fan, you should really stop by M Classic Cars today to check this one out.
- A Video on request please...email us please...
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 72,310 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts