1964 Volvo P 1800S = Ivory(~)Red Correct Work Done $46.2k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1964 Volvo P 1800S = US-specs...
Well-Documented with All Original Purchase Records & Correspondence
1964 Volvo P1800S
U.S. Specification P1800S with European Tourist Delivery
Early Production Model Featuring Bullhorn Bumpers
Well-Documented with All Original Purchase Records & Correspondence
Numbers-Matching, Correct Cream over Red Livery
Includes Original VIN-Matched Instruction Book
Spring 2018 Multi-Point Inspection & Service
Idea as al Long Distance Tourer, Weekend Runabout or Local Display Car
- An absolutely stunning design by Pelle Petterson, the P1800 was wroduced from 1961 to 1973, and first became popular when it was featured as the main car driven by Roger Moore in the hit television series 'The Saint' which aired from 1962 to 1969. Car & Driver marveled that: “We can't recall ever giving a car such a thrashing for an ordinary road test. We also can't remember having so much sheer uninterrupted fun with an automobile.”
A Benchmark Example with Known History from New
- Was purchased new from Volvo Niham on April 24, 1964 and delivered to The Hague, Holland under the AB Volvo European Delivery Plan in Cream over Red leather upholstery. Its first owner, Mr. Goodwill of New York was residing in Europe while working for American Overseas Petroleum. Planning to return to the U.S. in September of '64, his work orders changed, and Goodwill delightfully picked up his Volvo from the Belgian port and drove it to his new assignment in England.
- The car toured and travelled through many countries early in life and is accompanied by its original bill of sale, delivery and purchase paperwork, Dutch registration certificate, as well as correspondence between Goodwill and the Dutch Royal Touring Club, Volvo and others.
- Goodwill later transferred to California, where the car P1800S would spend most of its time in the southern region. An extensive recorded servicing history follows the car throughout the years, including a period in 1974/75 in Fort Worth, Texas. Goodwill later sold the Volvo to its second owner, Mr. Paine of Walnut, CA on July 27, 1985. In 1992, the car would receive its current paintwork under Paine's care, and eventually made its way to Georgia and ultimately Florida.
- Many years of California residency has left this particularly honest example in exceptionally solid form, while a spring 2018 multi-point inspection and service, assures instant smiles for miles and all-around enjoyment.
- Recent service included new plugs, wires and ignition consumables, fluids, filters, belt and battery, brake master cylinder and hoses, clutch master cylinder, ball joints and suspension bushings, new shocks all-around, axle check straps, alignment and correct Michelin XZX tires on all four tires. Palo Alto Speedometer updated and refreshed the tachometer.
The Volvo displays an excellent “driver's” fit and finish throughout, with beautifully mellowed paintwork, which compliments the matching brightwork, vented steel wheels and clear glass all-around. A corresponding spare with jack and emergency accessories reside in the rear. With ample luggage and cabin space, the P1800S really can be a sensible, practical classic sports car - ideal for the touring experience.
- Here is a fantastic example of what is considered one of the most graceful Volvos ever produced. A design so prevalent, aspects can still be seen in its modern counterpart.
- Beautiful styling coupled with impossibly rugged mechanicals, the P1800 model is very easy to maintain and in fact holds the record for the highest recorded mileage in a non-commercial vehicle.
- “The greatest Volvo every built, a lot of people think they want a sports car what they really want is a grand touring car, the P1800 gives you the best elements of both” – Jay Leno
All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1973 Volvo 1800 ES, original unrestored car
The paint is the original and highly disable Sea Green (factory color code 115). The interior is original as well. The car has is a daily driver and it start, drive and stops as it should. The car has an automatic gearbox and the correct Bosch electronic .....
1972 Volvo 1800 ES
1972 Volvo 1800 ES with 4-speed manual transmission and only 72900 miles on the odometer and in original factory red paint color code 46. This is a first year 1800ES model manufactured in Gothenburg on April 1972. The car starts right away and runs and drives as it should. Floors .....
1972 Volvo 1800 ES, original unrestored car
This car is a true barn find just pulled from storage. The paint is original as is the interior. Front headlights and front grille are included in the sale. The car has been sitting for many years and will need restoration. The car was running when parked .....
1972 Volvo P1800 ES
The car starts, drives, and stops as it should. The car has a nice interior in good condition. The car is equipped with a working overdrive. The car has been rust protected. The car was last registered in 1996. The car has Danish registration papers. Included in the sale is a .....
For sale volvo p1800 1963 rhd (jensen model) original dark grey exterior with red leather interior, overdrive and webasto sun roof. Car was imported from uk to croatia in 2012, nut and bolt restored during 2 years, and since 2014 had only 6.000 km.
all suspension, brakes, rubber, engine, exhaust parts .....
This car was delivered new in Honolulu (Hawaii) on 28-2-1973. In the mid-seventies the car was taken to California where the car was driven until 1997. Then the car was imported into The Netherlands after which the car went through a two year restoration, and registered on Dutch plates in 1999. This .....
1972 Volvo 1800 E
Original car with original 4-cylinder engine and manual 4-speed transmission with overdrive and 106,391 miles on the odometer. This is the last year of the Volvo 1800. The car was manufactured in Sweden in September 1971 as a US export model. The car original Volvo fuel injected .....
1965 Volvo 1800S that is a good car for a restoration. The car is in red with a black interior. It is a mostly complete car with the correct B18 engine, mostly complete interior, engine and with almost all the chrome. Engine starts and sounds nice. There is some rust on the floors and rocker panels. .....
This 1972 Volvo P1800 is an excellent original car to restore. Red with black interior. The car runs and drives. The bodywork is done but the interior needs work. It comes complete with all parts including some extras. An increasingly collectible car to finish restoring.