1950 Town & Country Newport = Woodie Clean Driver $34.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
Town & Country Newport
324 Cubic Inch Inline Eight
Body Style: 2 Door
- Back in the 1940s it was thought that wood would be the medium for which cars would be made. These “Woodies” were an upscale production based automobile that were aimed at the more affluent buyers. The craftsmanship and woodwork would differentiate the standard vehicles from these “high class” vehicles of the day. Chrysler Corporation General Manager David Wallace envisioned a wood-bodied car with the same basic lines as contemporary Chrysler steel-bodied sedans yet with greater refinement, quality and elegance.
- The car on offer here is this lovely 1950 Chrysler Town and Country.
- This example has been well preserved in fine “driver” quality condition.
- It is clear that the car was restored some years ago, and the car remains in excellent running and driving condition.
- The exterior shows well and the car is a constant distraction, compelling people to wave, point, look and appreciate her enormous road presence.
- The painted surfaces show well with good luster and shine. All wood on the exterior is in fine shape with no evidence of cracking or peeling; clearly most of the wood original.
- The grain shows very well with deep varnish and its clear coating has a good sheen and depth. The interior wood also shows well and has clearly been well maintained. The interior shows a lovely patina.
- All gauges and instruments work as they should. The 323 cubic inch straight eight is a joy to drive; it pulls well, has good power and torque and starts easily. It still retains its original 6-volt electrical system.
- The original “fluid drive transmission”; a hybrid manual transmission with a fluid coupling.
- The “on the column” shifts very well and makes driving the car an enjoyable experience.
- The brakes have been recently sorted and work well; all systems work as they should.
- There are not many examples left of this classic “woody” on the market today, let alone at this price point.
- Enjoy it today as it needs nothing but an enthusiastic new owner.
All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1950 was the last year that Chrysler has produced the
Town & Country Coupe. It was the most expensive
American Coupe which you could buy.
The Town & Country is equipped with lots of stylish
chrome and wooden details which are in a very good
It was said that the Imperial never .....
This timeless American 1949 Chrysler Town & Country convertible is available in brown with a brown interior. It comes equipped with a manual transmission, V8 engine, OEM radio, soft top and with solid wheels with white wall tires. An extremely collectible vehicle and a very desirable project car with .....
The 1949 Chrysler Town & Country convertible is available in brown with a burgundy interior. It comes equipped with a manual transmission, soft top frame, solid wheels with whitewall tires and includes some miscellaneous parts. A very rare and desirable project car at a great price.
For $19,750 .....
1948 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible Woody. Previous Senior National First place winner at Antique Automobile Club of America.
Restored by the previous owner. Beautiful paint, wood, chrome and leather throughout. Also runs, drives and brakes like it should.
The photos say a thousand words .....
Just released from a private collection in California
Rare and desirable 1952 Chrysler Saratoga 8 Town & Country Wagon
One of only 1,299 built
331ci “Fire Power” HEMI V8 engine
“Fluid Matic” semi-automatic transmission
Stunning color combination
great standard car ,all correct and current mot. 440 engine drives great . carpet seat has been replaced and rear seat reupholsted. engine servived and extensive work on the brakes and steering due to w&t. this is a drive home and use vehicle call me anytime shaun
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM Sothebys' Auburn Fall event, 29 August - 1 September 2019. Estimate:$30,000 - $35,000 323.5 cu. in. straight eight-cylinder engineThree-speed manual transmissionBeautiful leather interior; features clock and pushbutton radioWide whitewall tires with factory wheel coversOne .....
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM Sothebys' Auburn Fall event, 29 August - 1 September 2019. Estimate:$35,000 - $40,000 323.5 cu. in. straight eight-cylinder engineThree-speed manual transmissionEquipped with fog lights and dual sideview mirrorsLeather interior features clock and pushbutton radioWide whitewall .....