1937 Ford Model 78 HumpBack 2 -door Sedan RestoMod For Sale
Located in the USA...
1937 Ford Model 78 HumpBack Two-door Sedan Restomod
Model: Model 78 Two-door Sedan
Transmission: Three-speed Automatic
1937 Ford Model 78 Humpback Two-door Sedan Restomod
•350 CID V-8 motor with .040 overbore, with 327 CID crankshaft and rods, 10.25:1 compression ratio and dual exhausts
•Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission
•1979 Corvette differential with Posi-Traction
•Red-orange exterior with Charcoal Gray upholstery
•Air-conditioning, tilt column
•Stewart Warner gauges
- As the Great Depression began to ease, car sales began to rebound from the earlier part of the decade. Ford tried to regain sales glory with its 1937 models; Ford was first to move the headlights from flanking the grill to fairing them into the leading edge of the front fenders. M Classic Cars is pleased to present this 1937 Model 78 Two-door Humpback Sedan Restomod.
The car’s red-orange paint and trim are in very good order, its bodywork is straight and solid, the cargo area matches the interior and looks great plus the car’s chrome bumpers are in very good order.
-Under the hood is a Chevy 350 CID V-8 with .040 overbore, with a crankshaft and rods from a 327 CID V-8 with 10.25:1 compression ratio and dual exhausts.
- Mated to the engine is a Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission and a ’79 Corvette differential with Posi-Traction.
- Driver convenience features include air-conditioning and tilt steering column.
- This Ford rolls Uniroyal Tiger Paw radials in front, size 185/65R15, and Michelin LTX radials in back, size 235/75R15. Each wheel is mounted on a Colorado Custom wheel.
- The wheels are in good, original order while the tires are in very good order.
- Inside, the Charcoal Gray interior is in overall very good condition.
- The front and rear seats even have accents that correspond to the exterior color. The carpet and headliner are complementary to the seats.
- A three-spoke Colorado Custom aftermarket steering wheel looks great, as does the gray instrument panel and inner door panels but the horn is inoperable.
- The dash comes with a full set of Stewart Warner gauges as well.
- This handsome ride is equipped with vintage A/C which does blow cool but not cold.
-Rounding out the interior is an Alpine AM/FM stereo with MP3 capabilities.
- The 1937 Ford featured a more rounded look with fine horizontal bars in the convex front and hood-side grilles. The front grille was V-shaped, rather than following the fenders into a pentagon shape, as on the 1936 model. Faired-in headlights were a major modernization found on both the Standard and DeLuxe trim versions, though much of the rest of the design was shared between Ford’s two lines. A larger water pump was used to help aid in cooling. ‘Slantback’ sedans gained a rear trunk door, though space was limited and ‘Trunkback’ versions continued gaining sales.
If you want the classic American look on the outside with modern driveline components underneath, this might be your next ride! Stop by M Classic Cars today to check it out for yourself.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 52,137 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts